Urgent urgent!! - injured bluey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a semi ran right over the top of it. The semi jumped a bit on he's head. I back wheel only rand over its head as it was on a corner.

Why would a semi "jump" when it ran over its head? A semi wouldn't even feel a bluey under its tyres. :?

I saw a small hatchback sedan run over one with my own eyes, and it didn't jump, and only thing that moved on the lizard was the blood running out of it's head.

U know what forget what i said. Dont believe me. And gsxr_boy its a very rough road what is broken up in bits.

In my experience, they never survive with a hole in them after cat/dog attack. Best thing is to kill quickly.

Are we missing the point here? Snakemaddness i belive there may have been some exageration on your part, but it doesnt matter. Euthanise it with either a brick or as other people suggested a large heavy object. We arent being idiots we are telling you how to put the animal out of its misery, if you want to go ahead and wait for it to die a long and painful death then just leave it, otherwise a quick hit on the head will solve your problem.....

a skull crush with a heavy object such as a brick renders the animal braindead instantly. It is the recommended method of euthanasia for reptiles. reptiles are quite hardy and can survive some pretty horrific injuries so keep ringing around and trying to find a vet who will take it in. bottom line is if you think its beyond saving then euthanase it or if you cannot do it yourself find someone like a neighbour who can do it. Dont cut its head off as that is a slower way for them to die than having their skull crushed.

I say get it to the vet.

I find it odd how people say "It's better to put the animal down, to put it out of its misery" , yet if you were dying, would you rather die or go through a lot of pain on the road to recovery?
just a thought..

I say get it to the vet.

I find it odd how people say "It's better to put the animal down, to put it out of its misery" , yet if you were dying, would you rather die or go through a lot of pain on the road to recovery?
just a thought..

or go through alot of pain and then die ;)

If i was dying i would rather be euthanised than being in more pain, ive seen what it did to my grandmother and i pray that i will go peacefully, without undergoing countless surgureys that in the end kill you anyway

What would be better? Get my head smashed by a brick or take to the vet to get enthanised? Cancell out what i said before no 1 believes what i say so i wont comment. If you want to pay money to get it done properly or you have the guts just use the brick.
Jordy

I say get it to the vet.

just a thought..

It seems you are letting your own emotions get in the way of the best & most humane thing to do here. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. As what has already been stated on this post, blueys rarely survive holes being torn in them by attacks, due to infections, foreign material, etc. To try to rehabilitate it would cause a great deal of pain & suffering.
A crushing blow to the head is quick & painless & is the humane alternative for this bluey.

i agree with jason. crush the skull and put it out of its misery, if it seems beyond saving. the longer you wait, the more it suffers.

anyone who thinks its inhumane of others to kill someone/thing when theyre obviously undergoing horrific injuries or pain and the intelligent opinion is that it will not survive medical help, is immature. grow up and smell the blood kiddies :D

seriously though, any updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back