URGENT!! Worried about extreme temps

Discussion in 'Newbies forum' started by Bungie71, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Bungie71

Bungie71 New Member

Hi all

I need some advice I have a 10 month old Bredli in a glass enclosure dimensions 30cm x 30cm x 30cm with a 5 watt heat mat today temps have reached 40°c and to make matrers worse my aircon has stopped working properly and my temp gauge (on the opposite side as the heat mat) is reading 34.6 and rising I have disconnected the heat mat and have been wetting a cloth and draping it over half the enclosure but temp is still rising!! Any advice on how to protect him would be greatly appreciated.

2. Prof_Moreliarty

Prof_Moreliarty Subscriber Subscriber

You can get a frozen water bottle or the frozen gel packs wrap it in cloth and put in enclosure. Move to a cooler part of the house etc. you don’t say so just in case the mat is turned off?

3. vampstorso

vampstorso Very Well-Known Member

Do you have a tile or something stone? That'll stay cold and he can lay on it if he likes. Even a "marble" chopping board from Kmart, which is cheap.

Also some damp bedding in a bowl so he can choose to lay on it if he wants.

An ice pack on one side of the enclosure.

4. Bungie71

Bungie71 New Member

Yes mat is turned off, enclosure is already in coolest room so going tge ice pack option thanks :)
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jan 18, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 18, 2018 ---
    Thanks I haven't got any tiles small enough for the enclosure but I will try the damp bedding in a bowl as well as the ice pack and hope wish I had my ir temp gun I purchased which hasn't been delivered yet just to check his body temp!!

5. vampstorso

vampstorso Very Well-Known Member

I think you'll be fine. Don't stress too much.

Foozil likes this.