User Reputation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

Hi All,

For the next few weeks we will be trailing a "User Reputation" feature on our site.

You will now notice each member has a reputation scale between 0 and 10. Each member can gain reputation points from other members based on their contribution to the site. We hope that this can help encourage members to contribute quality content to our site.

To add to someone's reputation, click the little "Sherrif's Badge" at the bottom left of a post.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Adam

lol think yojll find it ends up as a who likes who and who doesnt , is there a feature where a member can only vote oncew on any other member.... Geeezzzzz sure ill have a bad one !

It's actually quite smart about how it allocates the scores. I'll to into more detail later, I want to see how it goes and tweak it first.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Bit like a scratch and sniff for good work.

I have a 1/10 reputation and I havent really contributed to the forum since it was implemented.
Why is yours disabled?

Last edited:
Rofl "Administrator has disabled reputation". Nice idea though, will be interesting to see how it goes.

this is a good idea. at first i thought it might also have a 'take away points' button too, i am very much over reading threads that just turn into people putting other people down or being plain nasty.

but a great idea :)

Bit like a scratch and sniff for good work.

I have a 1/10 reputation and I havent really contributed to the forum since it was implemented.
Why is yours disabled?

So you haven't contributed since 30 minutes ago? One star for you Steve! :p

The more i think about this the more i like it, i hope it stops people giving out bung advice on stuff they don't even know!

Doh everyone gots 1/10 reputation.
I'm a gunna go sherrif badge crazy, one browny point to everybody.
Anyone with worse grammar than me gets a deduction.

And you get a nice message for being kind enough to badge someone.

It's hard to predict how something like this will turn out, that's why we are trailing it. We certainly hope for the best, but if it doesn't work out we won't hesitate to pull the plug.

And some logistics about how it is set up right now:

- You must have at least 30 posts and 10 reputation points before you can start affecting reputation for others
- You can give up to 20 reputation points per day
- You must given at least 20 different people reputation points before you can affect the same person again

Also, "reputation power" is a multiplier for any reputation you leave. You start of with a power of "1" and it goes up based on various factors. At the moment those are:

- For every year you are a member you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"
- For every 1000 posts you have made you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"
- For every 100 reputation points you have received you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"

On top of this, the last 5 ratings are displayed on each member's profile.

So..... is this just giving 'positive' reputation? or can we give negative too?

This is anonymous? I hope it does work, and i hope its not just who likes who etc etc.

Will the 'every year' thing be backdated? Or does it start from this year? Also, if I give someone a point, but have no points yet myself, once I have 10 points does the point I have given get added to that members 'score'? Or do I need to give the point again - er, which I can't see working as that way no one would ever be able to give points as no one has points, and now I am rambling.

Hope the majority of that post makes sense.

so i have to play nice and not ridicule fools now?
and post more piffle to get up to that magic thousand post mark?
oh well

edit: bugger, i just realised that i started this post with the word "so", which is a great pity as it is posts that start with this word that are generally bunk... then again, at least i am posing a question rather than setting forth on a poorly written dubious anecdote.

edit 2: am willing to sell positive reputation pm me for prices

Last edited:
I will have to look into the specifics and get back to you. Stay tuned.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Could be a good idea I guess... Agree with the admin try it out and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back