User Reputation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the socring except the 1000 posts = 1 point. It will encourage the 'spammers' and useless cr@p that gets posted.

i agree with gillsy...i like the whole system and definitely think it is worth a try...however there will be a lot more useless stuff being posted in order to reach the 1000 is there a way to prevent this?

if someone posts something useless and it gets deleted from a thread does it still count as a post or what happend there?

not all useless stuff gets deleted, but i suppose it is up to personal opinion to decide what is useless and what is usefull...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

i agree with gillsy...i like the whole system and definitely think it is worth a try...however there will be a lot more useless stuff being posted in order to reach the 1000 is there a way to prevent this?
It only takes 1 or 2 of those useless posts to be flagged with negative reputation and then it's not worth it. Hopefully anyone with some sense will realise this.

Like the APS lynch mob needed another reason to stick together and pat each other on the back! Doesn't this just show who has the most forum buddies?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally have seen this system implemented with other forum sites, and to be honest, i really like the idea of +1ing people for good advice/post or even comic relief only thing that might be wrong, is when people abuse the system like said above, spam and other useless posts.

Then again what have we got to lose, I like giving Rep points for good and helpful posts :D

Like the APS lynch mob needed another reason to stick together and pat each other on the back! Doesn't this just show who has the most forum buddies?

Er, have you seen who is top of the board? I barely know anyone...

Are we able to turn off the point meter for ourselves?

It is a ridiculous concept.
And i do not believe it could ever be taken seriously.
For example any female member could post semi revealing pictures of themselves relevant to APS or not and no doubt that person's "reputation" would escalate (pardon the pun ;)) So what would that prove? 1. That it is a flawed system. and 2. Men are disgusting creatures lol. This is a forum for reptile enthusiasts not for popularity contests and childish points systems.

hahaha you are already minus one minka! I'll give you a positive response even with out seeing your semi revealling pictures. .... Just pm them to me ;)

Edit: wow I boosted you from -1 to 3. The power of the snowman....

Last edited by a moderator:
For example any female member could post semi revealing pictures of themselves relevant to APS or not and no doubt that person's "reputation" would escalate (pardon the pun ;))
What if I limited the reputation feedback only to certain forums? I think if we had i only in the reptile related forums it would reduce the chance of this sort of thing happening.

For example any female member could post semi revealing pictures of themselves relevant to APS or not and no doubt that person's "reputation" would escalate (pardon the pun ;)) So what would that prove? 1. That it is a flawed system. and 2. Men are disgusting creatures lol.

Thats a great idea, I even gave you points for it :) Now all we need are a few volunteers

any female member could post semi revealing pictures of themselves relevant to APS or not

I'm still trying to imagine what post would have relevant semi revealing pictures of women..... :shock::lol:

What if I limited the reputation feedback only to certain forums? I think if we had i only in the reptile related forums it would reduce the chance of this sort of thing happening.

i'm not too sure if its something you can prevent from happening 100% of the time...there are loop holes in every system unfortunately...

but it's all trial and error...:D

That sounds good, it probably only needs to be in the 'the zoo' and 'species forums' sections, I cant see it being any value in chit chat or the for sale sections.

hahaha you are already minus one minka! I'll give you a positive response even with out seeing your semi revealling pictures. .... Just pm them to me ;)

Edit: wow I boosted you from -1 to 3. The power of the snowman....

I could also boost you if that would help................
just tried to boost myself...............wont let me....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back