User Reputation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just goes to show, before my last post i had 3 points, then i say the rating system is DUD in more pleasant words and i go to 18 points. Gee i deserved that reputation. How about concentrating on real site improvements rather than glorifying the keyboard warriors ego's. How does a user reputation help members? Oh he must be a guru he has 100 votes i'll buy a reptile from him.

Worst thing i have seen in years. It will be another form of entertainment for most.

What if I limited the reputation feedback only to certain forums? I think if we had i only in the reptile related forums it would reduce the chance of this sort of thing happening.

That would be the best idea! Otherwise like other people have stated there will be a crap load of useless threads just to increase points!

I just noticed someone gave me a point and it says the thread and the person... but it has a grey bar? Does that mean its a negative point?
Huh... it seems someone thinks this post is unhelpful... um well that kinda makes sense as I'm asking a question... lol

Last edited:
Nah from what Admin said earlier in the thread that is the level of the person that gave you the point. So that person is grey. I think

See this is another reason why the system falls down. You give someone negative reputation and then you deal with a bombardment of PM's asking "why me etc etc"

See this is another reason why the system falls down. You give someone negative reputation and then you deal with a bombardment of PM's asking "why me etc etc"

Sorry, I just wanted to know :rolleyes:
Anyway (I'm not aiming this at anyone here) but if someone was jealous of someone with a lot of points, what's stopping them adding negative points because of jealousy?

Agreed.
It's a pain in the *** actually and i can't believe such an immature system is being considered!

And some logistics about how it is set up right now:

- You must have at least 30 posts and 10 reputation points before you can start affecting reputation for others
- You can give up to 20 reputation points per day
- You must given at least 20 different people reputation points before you can affect the same person again

Also, "reputation power" is a multiplier for any reputation you leave. You start of with a power of "1" and it goes up based on various factors. At the moment those are:

- For every year you are a member you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"
- For every 1000 posts you have made you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"
- For every 100 reputation points you have received you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"

On top of this, the last 5 ratings are displayed on each member's profile.

If we all start on 1 point that would mean no-one can give points out, or were forum brown tongues given a head start?
I've been a member for 2 years and made over a 1000 posts, so maybe I should be on 3 points?
What if the threads I'm reading the same person keeps making great comments or contributions? Do I have to give 19 other less deserving people points just so I can give this great contributor a well earned point? What about the multi account holders that keep pointing them selves? ;) Opps sorry there's no-one on here with multiple accounts.
In all honesty who really cares? Its making the forum more like facebook in my opinion, can we have a poke button PLEASE!!! Its no longer a battle of who's got hte most snakes or the biggest but who has the most reputation points LMFAO!!

One thing i have seen on other forums that have a similar system setup is not the many useless posts or extra useful posts trying to get a better rep is the fact that most of the time its not even used, most people read the posts, reply but dont bother/dont think about using the user reputation system. It really doesnt seem to change much at all, as said there are much more important thing that could be worked on

How is it all working atm....
- For every year you are a member you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"
- For every 1000 posts you have made you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"
- For every 100 reputation points you have received you get an extra 1 point of "reputation power"

why do I only have 1 point...Been on for longer then a year = 1 and over 100posts = 1 ..... 1 +1 = 1 ??? LOL haha

why do I only have 1 point...Been on for longer then a year = 1 and over 100posts = 1 ..... 1 +1 = 1 ??? LOL haha

You're confusing the points/power you give with what you recieve.

It seems as though it is starting from now and previous 'acheivements' are not recognised

good in theory, but its going to end up being a competition with people begging for votes and groups voting amongst themselves and gang voting against people they dont like for silly personal reasons.

lol if you hover your mouse over the green dot you can still see how many rep points someone has :)

how is the mods giving negative feedback any different from one of us doing the same thing ? a lost point is a lost point regardless of who hands it out, and the mods have always deleted posts they feel are against forum rules.

The whole 'reputation' thing is in TRIAL.... there will be changes to it as it goes along, it may go all together.

how is the mods giving negative feedback any different from one of us doing the same thing ? a lost point is a lost point regardless of who hands it out, and the mods have always deleted posts they feel are against forum rules.

The whole 'reputation' thing is in TRIAL.... there will be changes to it as it goes along, it may go all together.

yeah but if a post is deleted then any positive or negative feedback associated with that post also gets deleted

I dont see your problem, -
if the deleted post had a positive feedback then that point is lost - which it probably didn't deserve anyway.
if the deleted post had a negative feedback you in fact gain back your lost point

If posts follow forum rules then they wont get deleted, if you upset someone then why shouldn't they give you a negative feedback, lets face it some people on here are not very tactful.

:) I SO enjoy a good debate.

just pointing out one of the flaws in the system

in a recent thread some wally made a few uncalled for posts so I gave them negative feedback (and a lovely comment to match :) ). Later the post was deleted and my un-tactfully worded comment was gone :( Such a shame I put a great deal of effort into those few words :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back