User Reputation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a
For example any female member could post semi revealing pictures of themselves relevant to APS or not and no doubt that person's "reputation" would escalate (pardon the pun ;))

omg my reputation points will be doing a back pedal LOL

waruikazi;1887629 I was noticing a few threads that could be described as no more than useless 'brown nose' threads said:
The thread i made had nothing to with gaining reputation points, i'm sorry it wasnt up to your standards but i really did not see any harm in it

unfortunately the little groups within the group will all vote between themselves and not for people with real advice and experience

But the safety net for that is - once you've given positive feedback you can not give more positive feedback to the same person for three months... And in reality - what are you gaining by being at the top of a forum's Reputation Points list?

For those that really 'NEED' the golden stars and the praise - good on them. I like it - but by goodness I don't need it!

Those that require the praise obviously didn't get fairy tales read to them when they were young and may have very low self esteem or even worse, low resilience.

It would be nice if the reputation allowance was ONLY given in Herp Advice threads and not in ANY other thread on the forum.

Do you remember when we had the item - Most Posts By One User - and the dude who had a stingray as his avatar was always there with over 12,000 posts.

Moose is getting close and Hornet not far behind... But moose has a few more years under his belt... Mine - I post 3 - 4 times a day over the last 5 years - that's easy enough to do...

But the safety net for that is - once you've given positive feedback you can not give more positive feedback to the same person for three months... And in reality - what are you gaining by being at the top of a forum's Reputation Points list?
if you have a group of 10 or 20 or so friends all voting each other or attacking a single member with bad votes you get this
1, false rep points for people giving them the appearance of reputable advice/experienced person
2, false accounts made to give votes
3, reputation attacking as a group to harass or make a certain person seem "bad" or inexperienced
i think to make it work voting should only be done by seasoned experienced herp veterans or professionals and only ever to accurate advice by people who do not engage in heated rivalry's and silly arguments :)

The thread i made had nothing to with gaining reputation points, i'm sorry it wasnt up to your standards but i really did not see any harm in it

How did you know i was talking about you? I was, but it's obviously something you had on your mind when you were posting to know i was talking about you. But keep telling yourself that it had nothing to do with reputation, you might even beleive it yourself if you stick to it.

At the end of the day this is an internet forum, not real life. If you're letting things like your internets reputation get to you and making you feel down then you need to walk away from your computer and spend some time with real people.

if you have a group of 10 or 20 or so friends all voting each other or attacking a single member with bad votes you get this
1, false rep points for people giving them the appearance of reputable advice/experienced person
2, false accounts made to give votes
3, reputation attacking as a group to harass or make a certain person seem "bad" or inexperienced
i think to make it work voting should only be done by seasoned experienced herp veterans or professionals and only ever to accurate advice by people who do not engage in heated rivalry's and silly arguments :)

i dont give 2 hoots about my rep but when actual reputable breeders/dealers/keepers get attacked and people who are just a mouth and no brains have mates who up their reps its the newbies and their animals who suffer, bad advice can kill animals and cost people alot more than some stupid rep points and newbies will see this reputation and think certain people kno everything when they dont know jack.
im thinking about animals and newbies.
the regulars here kno who are blow hards and who are not, we already have a problem with post count being associated with experience do we really need a popularity contest to muddy the waters further.?

Last edited:
At the end of the day this is an internet forum, not real life. If you're letting things like your internets reputation get to you and making you feel down then you need to walk away from your computer and spend some time with real people.

Best comment yet.

there should be a paypal system to buy points...... i'm not very good at the whole people liking me thing..

there should be a paypal system to buy points...... i'm not very good at the whole people liking me thing..

This is very true - my PayPal is my email address - please just deposit the money once every three months and I'll give you those rep points with my 'power'.

Nato - what you say makes sense, and it's not like I don't agree - I just think the whole 'praise' system is redundant when the same reputable breeder could easily write - Well said - I agree - This is correct information in a thread when they post... Being given a REP point doesn't indicate the correct information.

How did you know i was talking about you? I was, but it's obviously something you had on your mind when you were posting to know i was talking about you. But keep telling yourself that it had nothing to do with reputation, you might even beleive it yourself if you stick to it.

it wasnt on my mind but reading that post it obviously was about me so i decided to reply. And no as i said the reputations dont really mean anything, i have experience with them from other forums and they have changed nothing in the way of whats posted and whats not posted, people still post garbage regardless

Hi guys,
This reputation rating thing is a crock, just my opinion. If we are going to rate reputations shouldn't it be on real herp related matters rather than popularity, it is a herp site after all.
cheers
Scott

well it seems that everyone agrees that the reputation system is flawed and wont improve the quality of posts. Time to ditch it

it wasnt on my mind but reading that post it obviously was about me so i decided to reply. And no as i said the reputations dont really mean anything, i have experience with them from other forums and they have changed nothing in the way of whats posted and whats not posted, people still post garbage regardless

Like i said, keep telling yourself that and you may end up even beleiving it yourself.

omg my reputation points will be doing a back pedal LOL

You wont do too bad fay,your not the only one that like danes!.
:lol:

Folks CHILL a little, its not that serious. I posted a fairly negative response too, but more to the point that theres other things that need addressing first.

If you dont like the rating system, ignore it, or maybe they could introduce an option to disable it, idk, but gees, its not that big a problem.

Im betting in a couple of months it will be rarley even mentioned.

Although having said that, the fact theres a couple of people here that obvioiusly cant get along, maybe there is going to be problems. Maybe the solution would be to ban them and let everyone else get on with their lives.

Ditch it, you only have to look who was in the top ten to realise it will never work as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back