Using whats available :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmeh103

Reaction score
So, my pythons are growing as expected, they are in need of an enclosure upgrade, I live with a carpenter and a cabinet maker, may as well put them to good use:)

I'm pretty excited about this build, it's going to be a large 3 stack cabinet, once stacked it will look like a whole piece, but still can be taken apart for moving purposes!

My goal is to have all my reptiles in the one section to minimise the clutter that I currently dwell in. Should be good for viewing as well when the assorted guests come around!

Let me know what you think? Pretty basic design but it is my first.
79deb85b-b872-6e26.jpg

Have you thought about heating and heat gradient,cleaning,access?

Yeh I think I got sorted, it will be heated individually with ceramic heat lamps(already in use in current cages) and each has it's own thermostat. The gradient in current tanks should transfer over as to the size of the new cabinet, the front will be glass sliding doors, removable for cleaning and the insides will be sealed(water proof). I think that covers it.

I think Deadpan's point was that the design doesn't allow for a hot spot and a cool one, it seems to have a constant warmth throughout.

Also just to consider the amount of ventilation you seem to be intending on using, general rule is lower towards the front and higher to wards the back near the heat source so that cooler air can rush in the front and out the back taking some of the heat with it. Your current design, in my opinion, would keep heat lights running constantly resulting in higher electricity bills and cause a very dry internal environment.

Apart from these few considerations, the design itself is amazingly intricate and will definitely result in a great talking point.

Cheers,
John

Okay, we'll I thought I would update my thread as I finished my cabinet!!!
I learnt a lot, made quite a few mistakes but over all it works, changed the design a bit:)

7cba849b-44f6-06d1.jpg
7cba849b-4515-866d.jpg
7cba849b-454f-1e85.jpg

Damn. Can your housemates come build me one of those?

Well actually they didn't help all that much as first planned, turnes out when they get home they like to drink and sleep, not build me a cabinet! Who would have thought! So this is all me guys, they just helped move it into place. I suppose it's like me coming home from cheffing and not cooking dinner ;)

Honestly I can say I'm glad I chose the profession I did, building stuff, cutting wood, all that saw dust!!! I'll take a kitchen over that any day :) and well next time I have a burst of inspiration I can just make two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back