UV Flouros (Att Cyber! You've got your name in one!!!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_lizard

Reaction score
<Lol to Cyber :D>

Hi all. Just got a quick question for you all....

I am just wondering if a 24" UV Flouro is the smallest you can get...? I have only seen 24" Globes advertised (Herp Shop, etc), but I know that you can get 18" Fittings.... Does anyone know if 18" UV Globes are available to suit these?

Cheers.

i have an 18" uv tube, i bought it from URS, i had the opposite trouble, got the tube ok then couldnt find a fitting lol...in the end i had to chop down a 24" fitting...

Cheers
STP
Leader of the Love the Glove Party

Thanks Steve. I just found them on their site!

I just scored a little cupboard that was being thrown out of my sister's kitchen renovations... And my flatmate has now decided that herps are very cool (not that I gave him much of a choice! :D), so now he wants to get a Bearded Dragon or two. However this cupboard is relatively small, so I was wondering what size UV I could fit into it.

I will have to measure the cupboard when I get home to make sure of the exact sizings....

cool
lol @ flatmate not having a choice....thats the way

i dont think a huge uv is really needed, just use an 18inch and put a log real close to it like 6" below it coz apparently they dont work too good after a certain distance, popps a good man to ask he did a lot of reading up on uv lights i think

cheers
STP
Leader of the Love the Glove Party

USE THE CYBER PRODUCT FOR SUREEEEEEEE!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats the actual product called that has my name in it? I can try and get royalties of their sales lmao....

ahhh I get it, I got my name in a forum thread hehe!

Anyways I dont like UV lights due to them only having such a short field of actual UV spectrum (so many centremetres from the tube)
Also their short life span ( they should be changed every 3-6 months)
And their price (from $30-$60 for a 24" tube)

Hey mate,
Most lighting places or some pets stores will stock 12 and 18 inch baton holders. Just go and buy what tube you want in it. Hope it helps.
Cheers Justin

I would've liked to look at the UV bulbs, however it is for a small enclosure (about 2 foot x 1 foot x 1 foot), so the UV Bulbs would be way too hot....

I measured the enclosure last night for the UV Flouro, and it looks like I will have about 1mm on either side if I use a 24" Batten holder...

I'm getting a 24" holder for free from work, so I may possibly cut it down, or just buy an 18" and use the 24" in another enclosure..... Great, now I'm gonna have to buy more herps! :lol:

Yeah Afro it is, however it is just a temporary one until I finish the Melamine wardrobe conversion.... Then I will use this small cupboard in the future for Central Netteds hatchlings. As I am getting a female and another male to add to my current male, I hopefully will get them to breed, and this cupboard would be a perfect "1st home"!!! :D

So everyone get some enclosures ready, cause there's gonna be Central Netteds available in the future!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back