Uv lights?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoul1

Reaction score
Hi all, first post.
May as well say im just getting into snakes and this would be my first time setting up an enclosure.
Setting up a large enclosure for an albino darwin but have become stuck when trying to find info on uv tubes.

I went and got some second hand T8 2ft fittings today that need new tubes, so far I think I have figured out they should be 5.0. Correct?
In terms of watts, what should I be looking at?
how often to replace?

Also while im on it may as well as where you all get your cheap tubes from...
Ebay any good? ;)
Thanks

Uv is not required (don't let a pet store employee tell you otherwise) and yes welcome to site :)

Welcome to APS, and the world of reptiles! :D
Easiest way to answer your question is snakes don't need UV. Hold onto your fittings if/when you get any lizards.

Thanks, I have heard that also - seems to be a touchy subject haha.
Either way I would like some light in there for visual purposes, may as well chuck the cheapest t8 tube i can find in there?

I have 2 male Cunningham's Skinks. I would like a baby Cunningham, so I just wanted to find anyone with a female Cunningham who would be willing to arrange for her to breed with 1 of my skinks.
I am happy to discuss the split up of the babies. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Mate, could you please start your own thread? Hijacking is looked down upon in forums. Also, try posting a WTB ad if you are looking for that sort of thing. Cheers

As stated. UV not required. Pet shop gimmick. Save ya bucks for your next python. Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back