UVB and UVA Lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no offence,but lighting companys arent going to say folk have kept dirunal reptiles for years with out exposure to uv lighting and had zero issues,they only tell you what you want to hear as they want you to buy there crap

uv lighting isnt a miracle light,they dont get calcium from it at all,all its claimed they do is aid in the apsorbtion of calcium

use uv lighting and feed a poor diet and u get the exact same results,dietry supplementation is of way more importance,even the sun cant prevent the results of poor diet

what about nocturnal lizards,noy exposed to the sun,how the heck do they survive,cant see pissy lil gex munchin down rodents,yet they do fine in the wild

uv lighting isnt a miracle light,and its all to easy to blame the lack of its use as the cause of reptiles suffering mbd ect

CORRECTION (to post No. 32): Monitors that eat whole vertebrates do not need UVB exposure - as they obtain sufficient vitamin D stored in the livers of their prey items. Those small monitor species which are more insectivorous may well need UVB or vitamin D supplementation in their diet, depending upon what they are given to eat. This also explains why a diet of minced meat alone is not adequate.

Ian, thanks for bringing that shortfall to my notice.

Blue

Thanks Blue, i find this subject very interesting as i am sure most others do.
Please keep us posted with your research & findings.

Cheers
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back