Uvb fixture from Bunnings?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much faith do I put in these lights for my turtle's health and well-being?? I only a fortnight ago bought 5 years worth... ;)
5years worth.jpg
[doublepost=1517096130,1517095974][/doublepost]
Ah that makes so much sense! Very interesting! Glad I’m learning something hahha. Also only just saw your comment re: the silver contact, hard to tell in pic, did you just get that sheet you cut out and cover the entire of the inside or did you cut three thin pieces and place like that? Just trying to work out if there’s any part on the inside I’m not meant to cover( sorry if I’m horrble with wording, haven’t slept in 46 hours haha)
Sorry, I posted the step by step pics in the wrong order... No, I didn't cover the entire inside of everything, just the little slot where the tubes sit inside... I removed the existing strip that had gone all brittle from the UVB and cut new strips to size and placed them inside.. Because it's self adhering.. it's an easy job. :)

Too perfect. Thanks :)
What reptiles do you keep other than turtles? :) my favourite animal has always been turtles but as they are known to be a “high maintenance” pet I haven’t done so yet, maybe once I’ve done extensive research and can be bothered upkeeping an aquarium I’ll look into it, I’ve seen friends of mine keep massive turtles in tiny 3ft tanks and it just makes me so sad so I’ve always said I’ll never own one until I can provide a 6-8ft tank and know what I’m doong haha,

Too perfect. Thanks :)
What reptiles do you keep other than turtles? :) my favourite animal has always been turtles but as they are known to be a “high maintenance” pet I haven’t done so yet, maybe once I’ve done extensive research and can be bothered upkeeping an aquarium I’ll look into it, I’ve seen friends of mine keep massive turtles in tiny 3ft tanks and it just makes me so sad so I’ve always said I’ll never own one until I can provide a 6-8ft tank and know what I’m doong haha,
Turtles are high maintenance lol they are my passion, unknown to many of those that know me, frogs were always my #1 and back in the day AFT (Australian Freshwater Turtles) used to Be Australian Freshwater Turtles & Frogs but yeah, I keep Green Tree frogs and just a couple of Anteresia pythons, a spotted and stimmie. I find them extremely fascinating and although they're nowhere near as active as turtles, when they are out and about I do enjoy observing them.

That aside, I've got everything else from freshwater mussells, cherry shrimp, aquatic snails, Tarantulas, scorpions, centipedes, birds, mice, dogs... it's like a zoo. LOL

I love frogs! This is my family friends little guy! I know it’s horroble but I also love toads -they’re just so bloody cute!

Centipedes! Interesting, those things creep me out lol.
I only have 2 adult male eastern blue tongue skinks and a baby beardy at this time, used to have an adult beardy but sadly my dads dog got to him a few years back.. forgot to lock the cage.. :(
Am getting one of my beardies sisters soon! Should be leatherback and plan on getting a female bluey so my poor virgin 6 year old male can finally mate Hahah. He tried to mate my other male (as it’s a rescue I didn’t know the sex and truly believed female) he was so gentle with it that the other guy beat him up lol. Hopefully he goes in a bit harder with a female or it’s not going to work well haha. Gentle giant he is!

I would love to get a snake once I’ve done more research, green tree snakes are so beautiful looking so perhaps one of those to start lol

ADCF87E5-D756-4EC9-B684-E26FC45A0175.jpeg

E4997F74-93B5-43D9-9D07-6C690B3D1F36.jpeg 2DE4A05E-BB94-4CD8-BABB-430F3DDA1F41.jpeg Hey! So my order from weeks ago finally arrived from pet shop, however the fixture they’ve sent me says it’s for Aquariums but is a t8 batten so should still fit my repti sun 10.0 right? Well I’ve got the fixture and the light both in 24” but the bulb looks like it needs another few mm to fit, can get one end in but not the other, it didn’t come with instructions, do you have any ideas? Don’t think I need to remove anuthignto fit it in, maybe aquarium holders are different? So confused so if you could shed any light I’d be so appreciative! I attached a photo of the fitting so you can see what it looks like .. :)

6A7C2868-3970-45CB-9A7C-BD92697C5273.jpeg

24288A8C-0A9F-4415-835E-FB508CA10EF6.jpeg

It's hard to explain but it will fit, manipulate the tube into the reflector diagonally... then line the pins up, slot both ends in and twist the tube to lock it into place..

Thankyou! I ended up doing that 5 mins after, so I replied on here to say never mind but I guess it didn’t come through lol, was in a panick trying to work it before I had to leave for work, so relieved
Thanks for the help! :)

Thankyou! I ended up doing that 5 mins after, so I replied on here to say never mind but I guess it didn’t come through lol, was in a panick trying to work it before I had to leave for work, so relieved
Thanks for the help! :)
Awesome, glad you got it sorted. :)

How much faith do I put in these lights for my turtle's health and well-being?? I only a fortnight ago bought 5 years worth... ;)
View attachment 323000
[doublepost=1517096130,1517095974][/doublepost]
Sorry, I posted the step by step pics in the wrong order... No, I didn't cover the entire inside of everything, just the little slot where the tubes sit inside... I removed the existing strip that had gone all brittle from the UVB and cut new strips to size and placed them inside.. Because it's self adhering.. it's an easy job. :)

Any chance you have put a solarmeter (preferably 6.5) under one of them? The chart is one step short of pretty much useless.

Yes we did test them with a UVB meter a couple of years ago and they came out better than the Exo-Terra ReptiGlo tubes that are 3-4× the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back