Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Vampires really DO exist. Their favourite place to be is the blood bank.

How many here are blood donors? I just registered to become one and have my first appointment with the "vampires" next Thursday. I don't know my blood group but know I am one of the common ones. I told the lady I hadn't bothered in the past thinking there'd be a huge stock pile of common blood types but she said that is totally opposite. The common ones are the ones they are in desperate need of. Just one donation from me can save 3 or 4 lives. I am impressed with that, if I can save one I'll do it. I am also an organ donor. It isn't on my drivers license but I am registered.

I'm waiting for next month until I can donate. Just had a tattoo done almost 11 months ago and it said that I have to wait for 1 year =(.

I've been a donor for years, A couple of years ago changed to become a plasma donor, it takes about the same amount of time, but only the white cells are removed, the red gets returned. This was you can donate more often also

Cant donate as i may have mad cow disease and im gay lol......... no one wants it hahaha

i havent donated since high school which is the best part of 5 years ago.. i keep meaning to go back to the one in parra or the city but i just havent had the time

I donated for a couple of years, then all of a sudden started to passout. In the end they told me not to bother.

A couple of years later went back. same deal fine for a couple of years then started passing out again.

It was an easy low profile was to help others, that did not cost money.

I believe in karma, so would encourage people to donate. You dont know when it will be you or someone close to you who needs that blood.

Correct, if you are gay you are not allowed to donate blood. :shock:

Yep because apparently "all gay men have HIV."
How pathetic!!
If gay men are practising safe sex then they have just as little chance of catching HIV as male/female couples practising safe sex , right?
Would that men that lesbians can't donate blood either?

I'm going to google this.

Yep because apparently "all gay men have HIV."
How pathetic!!
If gay men are practising safe sex then they have just as little chance of catching HIV as male/female couples practising safe sex , right?
Would that men that lesbians can't donate blood either?

I'm going to google this.

My question is....... if blood screening is as safe as they say it is, then why does it matter?

My question is....... if blood screening is as safe as they say it is, then why does it matter?

I agree. I mean.. anyone could have HIV, man or woman, couldn't they?
Isn't that discrimination based on a persons sexual oreintation ?

I agree with that, too. You'd think gays would at least be entitled to visit their GP for a blood screening of possible nasties, but then so should everybody.

Yes, anyone can have HIV, along with Hepatitis and other diseases passed on by blood.

As i said before, not bothered about the 'discrimination' i'd be more concerned about the blood screening system?

i would love to be a blood donor, but cant cause of the medication i am on. but its great there are people out there who do.
cheers
mel

Been trying to do this for years, turns out I now have to get a letter to clear me to be able to do it. Had a hole in the heart fixed about four years ago, and because of that, they say I can#t. So I got them to agree that if my doc says it's ok, then I'll go ahead.

I cannot beleive that a gayperson can't give blood, If I were dying and needed a transfusion, I wouldn't give 2 hoots where it came from. There's just as much chance of getting something from a straight person, that is totaly ist (I don't know what the ist word is for gay discrimination)

my school has been running blood donations for a while, we've organized to go again in a few weeks.
i think its great that something so simple can save so many lives.

1 in 3 people need a blood transfusion in their life
but only 1 in 30 donate blood.

In a way, you think those stats would make them encourage anyone to donate blood.

i would love to be a blood donor, but cant cause of the medication i am on.

what kinds of medications stop you from donating?

i think the reason behing gays not being able to donate is because its easier for a man to pass on hiv than it is for a female, dunno y, just heard it is. so its spreading thru the males quicker than females. still i see no reason y a gay man without hiv shouldnt be able to donate. i think thats hell discrimination.

did anyone look up to see if lesbians can donate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back