Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be a donor, but I'm allergic to needles... I die if they put one in me.
I have the most common blood type any way, if it was rare I would be there with a flash, putting my fear of needles aside.

blood donating gay ?
may be a religious thing a lot of medical practice is run by catholics and there against all types of practice like stem cell research , euthanasia etc,,,,,,,,,,, just a few things i have heard through the grape vine alot of its to do with religion quote me if I'm wrong. nothing against catholics (I'm a catholic) i have nothing against gay people and i think they should have same rights as any other person gay or not. first time i have ever heard of this in regards to blood donating ill ask the pathologist at work tomorrow ,only thing i could think of if its to do with chromosomes not sure.....

I know this is totally unrelated but I really couldnt resist putting up this pic...

Attachments

• blade-blade-twilight-demotivational-poster-1248499527.jpg
    blade-blade-twilight-demotivational-poster-1248499527.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 54
i would love to but due to body modifications i cant do it for another year. i need to save up n get all the tatts i want done at one time so i can become a regular donor id also like to do bone marrow donnation also its worth the pain if i can help someone else out

Hahaha Morgs, that's awesome.
And as for gays not being able to donate blood.. Wouldn't be surprised if religion was behind it, they like to hold the world back from advancing and live in the past along with the bible. Such as stem cell research, could save lives, but no, only god can do that. Still haven't seen or herd of him doing it though.

Indeed, although Ryan we better stop it there, as much as I love a good religion debate, we don't want to get this person's thread hijacked and closed ;)

Like many, I can't donate blood because I've been to England. I'm actually in England at the moment and think it's strange that visiting England precludes you from donating blood. I know it's because of mad cow disease but I'm sure the disease is all but under control here.

im booked in for tmoz at 10:30 in the morning 1st time giving it im worried im hoping my blood wont be low in iron

did anyone look up to see if lesbians can donate?

I had a look, I don't think they can either:shock:
Lesbians in China can't I've found that much so far.... I don't think American lesbians can either.
I can't seem to find anything about the laws for lesbians donating blood here in Australia..

So, another backwards religeous thing eh? NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the questionnaire thingy you have to fill out asks if you have been a same sex relationship before.
so i think lesbians are excluded as well.

so i think lesbians are excluded as well.
Does that mean only straight women can give blood because i only sleep with women just like lesbians....
hang on straight women just sleep with men just like gay men..............mmmm this is very confusing:shock:

can you donate blood if you on meds?

I hope so Ryan. I have been on a medication for 2 years and won't be stopping too soon in the future. I also have to be screened for Hepatits C :( because my husband has that. Unless he been using my razors I can't see that I would have caught it. I will be disappointed if I can't donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back