Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there's a risk - but it is mitigated by in every possible way. Can you imagine the Risk Management Policy the Red Cross must have??? And as hetty pointed out, it's a lot better than the risk of dying on the operating table from lack of blood!

Our blood is among the safest in the world and having been a donor since I was 16, I would support the Red Cross 100% and accept a transfusion for me or my family without a second thought.

I'm in demand B negative and would love to donate gallons

But I was in the UK in the '80's so I'm mad cow excluded.

So 20 years down the track am I really too much of a risk?

Put the other way around I'd accept the blood/risk

I was rejected :( . My husband has Hep C, and for me to be tested and come back negative would not make a difference. :( I was so disappointed. The nurse still made me a milkshake anyway.

You're free to think what you want, I'm in no way religious. But I do believe that religion helps a lot, whether you like it or not, millions more people would die if it weren't for religion. And for you to just shoot down my opinion without even consideration is just plain ignorant.

Plus a lot of people need religion to believe in, suicide rates would skyrocket without it. Religion has helped so many drug addicts and alcoholics, it has stopped murderers from reoffending. It is the groundwork needed for a civilized society.

I've considered your opinion... And you're most definitely entitled to it, but to not consider the facts yourself makes your statement ignorant...

millions more people would die if it weren't for religion.

people need religion to believe in

Christians have murdered more people in the name of God than all the jailed murderers in the civilised world! People don't need religion to be better people, to save them from suicide, to get off drugs... It's a form of support, it's what worked for those individuals that you refer to, plenty of others went to a counsellor or had a few teaspoons of "harden-up"...

I'd be very surprised if Christianity has saved more than the equivalent of 5% of the suicidal, murderers and junkies over the last 500 years compared to how many million (even billions?) of people have died, "in the name of God."

As an example, European Christians arrived to America and read a proclamation (in Spanish) to the native American Indians stating:

"We ask and require you to acknowledge the church as the ruler and
superior of the whole world and the high priest called pope and in his
name the king of Spain as lords of this land. If you submit we shall
receive you in all love and charity and shall leave you, your wives and
children and your lands free without servitude, but if you do not submit
we shall powerfully enter into your country and shall make war against
you, we shall take you and your wives and your children and shall make
slaves of them and we shall take away your goods and shall do you all
the harm and damage we can."

They understandably failed to understand the Spanish proclamation, and were hunted off the face of the planet almost to the point of extinction, by Christians...

I'm not saying that religion is wrong, I sincerely agree that "in the name of God" positive things are also said and done, but I can't stand people bragging that Christianity is the reason we all live "in peace." :evil:

I donated a couple of days ago :) Forgot to mention before, but for all the people out there with small/not very visible veins (mainly women) be really observant. A nurse who isn't very good with small veins will happily inject a needle into you and miss, so your arm will bruise and you won't be able to donate. I had this happen a couple of times. Now if the nurse looks iffy (like a couple of days ago when I donated, the nurse was poking me in the arm lots then started looking for a side vein) I ask for someone else to do it and they get one of the good RNs to do it, and they aren't offended or anything, I think it's very common.

Bob - my father's in the same situation. He said he thinks he'd know if he had mad cow disease by now... I'm not so sure he doesn't though :lol:

Also, if you have small/hard to detect veins, make sure you have heaps of fluids because it makes it easier to hit them.

I'm gonna start donating...its just a few mins from my house so will be easy fopr me to do it regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back