Varanus baritji.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmylizard

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just got a pair of these guys locally. Male and female 4 Years old. Plan is to breed them in the future. What would individuals be worth considering there are none available anywhere that I can see?
Is it a species no one wants or are they just rare in the pet trade. Found them to be so much like ackies. Smaller monitor with big monitor personality. The boy I have is a beauty. Cruises around like he owns the place.

Were they the pair that were advertised recently for $150 with the female who had the broken leg?

They are around the place. I wouldn't say they are rare or anything, just uncommon as they don't have the demand of other brighter species.

If you breed them and intend to sell hatchlings, I'd estimate you'd easily get $300+ per hatchling.

It's a must in this hobby. Good luck with them. I just picked up a trio of Storri so I am also crossing fingers :)

I agree they were on Gumtree for a total of 5 hours before I saw the ad. I was sure they would have been snapped up. Just lucky I got in first. Any other state i'm sure they would have been gone already. I have been lucky with local sales because a I picked a female storri a while back for $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back