Varanus glauerti

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice lizards. I recently saw some of these in the wild in the Eastern Kimberley and it is probably the most stunning reptile I have ever seen. I was also told by researchers there that the Eastern Kimberley ones are much smaller than those of Mitchell Plateau about 50cm, so if the Arnhem land population individuals arealso that size probably they are similar in size to the Eastern Kimberley ones. (The biggest one the people I asked had measured in 3 years at that study site there of catching monitors was 56cm.)

Little stunners:)! Does anyone know a locale for the "red-barred" form? Are they Bullo animals??

Very nice lizards. I recently saw some of these in the wild in the Eastern Kimberley and it is probably the most stunning reptile I have ever seen. I was also told by researchers there that the Eastern Kimberley ones are much smaller than those of Mitchell Plateau about 50cm, so if the Arnhem land population individuals arealso that size probably they are similar in size to the Eastern Kimberley ones. (The biggest one the people I asked had measured in 3 years at that study site there of catching monitors was 56cm.)
That specimen you have photographed in your thread is the most stunning Kimberly rock monitor I have ever seen Definetely a nice photo of a truly amazing species.

Looking good mummabear! They are definitely one of the nicest sp. of Varanid.

Any shots of their set up? It looks very naturalistic from the glimpses I can see of it in your pics.

Their enclosure. They spend all morning out then after lunch time go and hind under their favourite spot, their water bowl. You can see a bit of a tail poking out.
IMG_6479.jpg

Looks good, thanks. I really like that background.. Did it come with the tank or you bought it elsewhere?

It from Universal Rock. I love their stuff. Amazing Amazon has some of their products.

Wow, you're very lucky. Pity we can't keep them here in VIC.

Very nice indeed!

But pardon my ignorance... how come not allowed to keep in VIC, but sold in the UK?

Don't understand the politics!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thats easy rvcasa. Its because Victorians don't deserve them :lol:

very nice mb,good to see reptile city doing well with them

scott its not just the small monitors that need work there,the gouldi complex is highly variable to

good luck with them,those lucky enough to have them,be great to see them become more available

EDIT: Sorry, slight mix up with times and things... If anyone wants to delete the post go ahead.

Cheers, Scotty

Things are looking promising for Jason & Michael this year. Give them a call if you're keen on a KRM, the waiting list is long :)

I'll buy some of these in a heartbeat once they're on the victorian species list. Very pretty animals, good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back