Varanus gouldii flavirufus distribution

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

varanophile

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could give me an accurate description of desert sand monitors range in WA. In particular how close they get to the coastline.

Thanks in advance.

i cant tell you bu if you look in a herp books most have it

Does anyone have rough distribution map for these guys?

i have a pic of a flavirufus which was taken on an island off exmouth in wa,i assumed flavies were inland not on the coast,but maybe they do in wa,ill try and find the pic

Does anyone have rough distribution map for these guys?

for gouldii glouldii and gouldii flavirufus

vflaviruf.gif

acording to:
http://www.kingsnake.com/oz/lizards/monitors/vflaviruf.htm

which is very similar distribution map to whats in wilson and swans complete guide....

Thanks Matt,

But I was hoping for the distribution of flavi's only. Can find plenty of maps with ditribution of the Gouldii complex but alot of contradictory information regarding falvi distribution. I know that they are found in the Great Sandy Desert in WA, but would like to know how far West their range extends. Is there a definate distinction in habitat, for example are favi's only associated with the inland dune deserts? Do they extend as far West as 80 mile beach? I have seen pics of sandy's from shark bay that resemble flavi's, or is this outside of their range?

Does anyone know where i can find an accurate desription of each sub species or just a guide or key to tell them apart?

the 3rd and 4th pic look flavi like patterning to me,the others,look normal gouldi gouldi,im on dial up so most of the pics didnt work,i have a pic of a what looks just like an alice springs type flavi thats taken on a small island off exmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back