varanus gouldii flavirufus (sand goanna)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tooben

Reaction score
hi about a month ago i got a sand goanna that hasnt got many claws and never flicks his tongue. i was wondering as i never asked the guy i got him off. how stupid of me. what could have caused these problems? i love him so much . i was wondering if some people cut there claws back so they dont dig in the claws when being handled or maybe pull them out.. or maybe they just get born that way. has anyone else had this problem ? as for the tongue iv never seen him flick it out once he eats fine so i dont know if this is a problem for him. any info would be good thanks

Last edited:
really can that do it. any idears about the tongue gillsy?

Awesome! :D my mates got a pair there such good monitors want to get one but space is the only problem! It's a pitty really!

Oh yeah one of my blueys has a problem like that when i got here it was the same, i'm pretty sure it was a sheeding problems from previous ovmwers doesn't effect her though.

i have a big outdoor enclouser well however you spell it but i dont want to put him out there yet to bloody cold. does anyone know what temp these lizards can stand as in how low as where i live it gets bloody cold.

i have a big outdoor enclouser well however you spell it but i dont want to put him out there yet to bloody cold. does anyone know what temp these lizards can stand as in how low as where i live it gets bloody cold.

Try doing a bit of research on them.A start would be finding out what areas they are found in then check some weather websites to figure out seasonal temps.

Open his mouth and look to see if he has a tongue,it may be a birth defect.

He may have lost his claws from frost.It has happened to my blueys,stumpys and dragons.

Ring the bloke you got him off and ask him about the sandys past,if ya still got him phone number.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back