Varanus indicus (Mangrove Monitor) - Who keeps them and what are their setups like?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heat water to 28 degrees,definatly need bigger for an adult pr or trio,i think more floor space especially4 foot floor space for a 5 foot long monitor is way to small,let alone 3 of them,i wouldnt go less than maybe 8 foot in length,at least 4 to 6 foot high,and at least 4 foot wide,and thats minimum for a pr,maybe trio if they got along,preferably bigger though,not sayin they wont do well in smaller cages,im sure they breed in smaller cages and live fine,but it just seems way to small to me,i keep lacies,mertons,sandys and flavis,ridgeys,gillens and storrs so far so going on there behaviours,hyper active is one word that comes to mind,lol

oh 1 more thing with sand in half sand,half water cages,my mertons eventually emptyed the whole cages sand into there water section by climbing in and out of the water all the time,lol,i change there water all the time so the sand goes out side with the dirty water,lol and fresh water goes in and the cycle continues till u no longer have sand,i use sugar cane mulch now,barely any goes into the water to which is great,and looks alot better than the sand i think to

Thanks for the information guys. Now all I have to do is convince my wife of the value of this new enclosure ;-)

Hey Daavid

Just checking out this thread (noticed it was you). How are things ? You will have to send us some pictures of the new mangrove set up after you convince your "wife" lol . Take care

Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back