Various Q's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A have a few questions on my mind that I need to be answered by all you Pro's out there.....

1) What would be a minimal sized Cage for 1x Adult H.boydii? (I will have a 3x3x2 ready if that is large enough)

2) Does anyone have any general caring requirements for P.lindneri? (I know they can get abit nasty with other cage mates but does anybody have any other Caging info?)

3) What is the going price for an adult Female Reticulated S.williamsi?

4) Does anyone have any general caring requirements for C.gerrardii (Pinktongues)?

Any Info regarding any of the above questions would be Greatly Appreciated,
Cheers

as a general rule the cage should be half the lenght of the snake
eg if the snake is 4 foot long it will live quite well in a 2 foot cage.
i cant help with the other questions sorry

He is going to have some mighty small cages then:D

4) Does anyone have any general caring requirements for C.gerrardii (Pinktongues)?

G'day mate,

I can't help you with the first three questions, but I have a bit of experience with Pink Tongues.

I've had no dramas with any specimens over a few months old, but I was sold a litter of freshly born juveniles last year. I had 8 together in a large tub, and they seemed to co-exist peacefully for about a month. One morning I went in, and I could see through the side of the tub that some weren't hiding. This was pretty unusual, so I opened the tub and to my horror, found that 6 of them had been beaten and attacked by either one or both of the (very content looking) survivors. I can't think of a reason as to why they would have done it, as they were well fed, hadn't previously shown any aggressive and defensive behaviour to each other, and they were all in perfect condition the day before.

After this incident, I thought the remaining two had sorted out the pecking order and would be fine. How wrong was I! The next morning, they were both dead, and it must have been a long battle as they were both pretty beaten up.

It was a hard lesson learnt, but if I get juveniles again they will be housed seperately.

Cheers,

Jonno

G'day chloethepython,

Thanks for the laugh! I think you will find that all the species Rocket is refering to are lizards.

H.boydii = Hypsilurus boydii - Boyds Forest Dragon

P.lidneri = Pseudothecadactylus lidneri - Giant Cave Gecko

S.williamsi = Strophurus williamsi - Eastern Spiny Tail Gecko

C.gerrardi = Cyclodomorphus gerrardi - Pink Tongue Skink

Cheers

Jonno

When at all did I mention Snakes???
Thank you for clearing that up Jonno and also thank you for the gerrardii info.

Attention Seeking Bump regarding the other questions,
Cheers in advance.

G'day Rocket,

You're not having much luck mate!

My only suggestion is PMing Danny, he would be able to assist in the first three questions.

I know this is an old thread but still need answers to a few questions......please....

Cheers.

Hey Rocket,

I keep my pair of boydii in a 4x4x2 and they do fine. I wouldn't go smaller, although they don't move much, as they rely on camouflage to survive it isn't in their best interest to move around a lot!

I would say for a female williamsi, around the $200 - $230 mark.

Danny would be best to ask about giant caves, he has a fair few.

:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back