Venomous snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be you are not ready for hots!!!!! And i agree with gozz. Moose when i been drinking the The Tais play hide and seek...

I think you need to ask yourself exactly why you want a venomous snake...

Thanks Fuscus, thanks Rednut!

Some pretty scarey long term effects. Lack of bowel control? I had heard of someone who had this problem after a serious bite, but wasn't sure if it was more than a one off case.

Thanks Fuscus, thanks Rednut!

Some pretty scarey long term effects. Lack of bowel control? I had heard of someone who had this problem after a serious bite, but wasn't sure if it was more than a one off case.

Mate personally i got tagged by an eb with multiple puncture marks around 12 years ago, a week in hospital and i thought i was ok, i do however now suffer from awsome migraines and cannot drink even two stubbies without feeling really crap, shot liver and kidneys....... but that was before i even owned a snake, now i have a huge respect for them and couldnt imagine life without them, or my job relocating them.

Nasty stuff! I don't know whether I'll ever have vens, but the above comments are highly valued.

And maybe it's just my lousy searching, but there seems to be surprisingly little information on the net about the long term effects of Australian elapid bites.

Nasty stuff! I don't know whether I'll ever have vens, but the above comments are highly valued.

And maybe it's just my lousy searching, but there seems to be surprisingly little information on the net about the long term effects of Australian elapid bites.

Thats because trhere is no follow up after you are released from hospital. You are given a letter to your GP. As most people dont have there own GP anymore its usually forgotten.

Thats because trhere is no follow up after you are released from hospital. You are given a letter to your GP. As most people dont have there own GP anymore its usually forgotten.

Hmm... going by the earlier posts, that is something that should be looked at in the medical world.

It's amazing... so many people, including those without a herp bone in their body, are fascinated by a good snake bite story. I haven't even found any academic or medical research about it online.

Honestly dont bother
If your talking about getting one like this you obviously dont have the right mind set
They are snakes that are look not touch
Not get out and show everyone that comes around
You get it out for cleaning and any other necessary situations
Plain and simple, if you want it for the sake of it DONT get it. Its a liability to yourself and anyone around you, i doubt anyone would give you a reference if these were your intentions

Last edited:
David Williams and his team have been looking into the long term effects through the antivenom programme in PNG. I dont know how far it goes because follow up wouldn't be that easy there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back