Very sick Olive Python hatchling :( any ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

very sorry for your loss have lost a snake before and i know how if feels....it hurts alot more than losing alot of other pets like rats guini pigs and all those boring things
hope you have better experiences in future

I have just read through all of these posts and am very sorry for your loss - my little guy is starting to worry me (has shed 4 or 5 times since November and wont eat)

They are amazing creatures that you bond with so quickly - remember her well.

Thankyou all for your kind responses, Yes our little one is missed she was such a kind, gently little thing so even though we lost her she has left us in a positive state of mind towards the reptiles. My partner is sad for the loss but not letting us step away from the reptiles as we do love them so he went out on Tuesday and bought a litle bredli from Reptile_pythons and it is gorgeous and ate its first time with us on wednesday nite which made us even more confident that our skills are not as bad as we had thought. We were worried about our set up but is obviously OK as she is happy and eating with such confidence and after one day of being in her new home. We also are getting another olive very soon as now we could not go with out one, well I cant anyways lol.

Ill keep you all updated on everything.

thats good he ate on his first night in his new tank.
some people say to leave them for a week or 2 to really settle in before offering a feed, but if he has already eaten no worries i think you will be right.

get some pics up of your little bredli, would love to see the new addition to your family.

Yeah I was told to leave them for at least a week as thats what we did with our olive in the beginning but the breeder said you wil not have any probs with this one so offer tomorrw so we did and he took it straight away

sorry to hear about your little olive :(

but it sounds like youve now got a healthy litttle bredli :) have fun with him

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and I think it was wonderful that you did all you possibly could unfortunately not everything turns out the way we want. I am glad to hear it hasn't put you off Python's and you now have a lovely and healthy Bredli by the sounds of it. I am sure your next Olive will be fine and you will love her/him just as much.

Sorry to hear. Sometimes these thing happen - and happen for a reason. sometimes not!
I apologise if I missed it already, but did u get an autopsy done? May have explained cause of death.

I have one olive which was difficult to get into routine of feeding force feed on mice now she has cought up and taken over brother and sister hopping she does the same for you.

read all the posts on this thread and i feel for you... ur a legend tho, u tried ur best and im sure if the snake could speak, it would be thanking you for all ur efforts...

chin up, stay strong and enjoy watching ur bredli grow....

Thats so sad. I understand it doesn't matter what they look like as long as they are healthy =-)

try not to use water, she may need the scent which the water takes off the rat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back