VHS meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) - Who is going?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It will be a treat for Geckoaphiles!
-------------------------

Victorian Herpetological Society Meeting
May 25, 2011 7.15pm – 10.30pm
Prahran RSL - 301 High Street, Prahran

Join us for “The Holden Ute vs. the Elfin"
– Road testing Australian Geckos” by John McGrath
We will have the usual auction, pizza and refreshments.
For more information: Victorian Herpetological Society

At one stage they used to be but I do not believe this is being done currently.

It used to be done and supplied to interstate and overseas members as part of their membership but I am not sure that it was all that popular.

I could be wrong and they may still record some of them - please someone correct me if I am in error.

As an aside, Killi fish are not native are they?

Yeah, I think recording meetings especially presentations, is a good resource for members to refer back to, and for those who can't make meetings. Maybe someone could suggest it? Auction and a gecko presentation, I'm bummed I can't make it....

Nope, killies aren't native, we are the only populated continent not to have any :(

i am planning to go cant miss a talk on geckos !! i might have to leave my license at home so i wont be tempted.

Briefly - a couple of presentations by the speaker and an auction, often with lots of "Lost Herps Home" animals etc. I can guarantee a good evening for all those with a herp interest!

i have never been to one of these, what goes on?

l wont be going to the VHS Herp meeting, l have to much else to do with my time, and Gecko's are not for me, hope those who do attend all have a good time why their there.:)

The last time l went to a VHS Herp meeting was July 2002 and February 1995.:p

The meetings have evolved a bit since then. There is still the free pizza etc. but being in a licensed venue and mid week does give a very different and more friendly vibe.

The meetings have evolved a bit since then. There is still the free pizza etc. but being in a licensed venue and mid week does give a very different and more friendly vibe.

Yes l'm sure the VHS Herp meetings have evolved alot since the last 2 times l attended a meeting, but l have my reason for not wanting to go or attend these days, l instead would rather keep to myself privately, and keep in contact with some of my close friend herp mates who l know and enjoy chatting to in person or on the phone or via emails, that l know are willing to help out or share their knowledge in Reptile keeping or breeding with me just as l am with them when ever they need help or advice.

l hope alot of newcomers to the Herp communitty do join up with the VHS Herp Society and attend the Herp meetings, so they can gain more knowledge in Reptile keeping & breeding, and make some new friends why their there.

Last edited:
Im going to leave early and have a feed at the pub down the road from the rsl (like usual).
Great meals there and a good pool table.
To bad you cant make it Leslie

'leave early' to go to the meeting or leave the meeting early? Save room for the pizza! ;)

Look forward to seeing everyone and all the new faces too. :D
Feel free to come up and say Hi...as I am a bit shy also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back