VHS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damo1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
wasn’t able to purchase anything this year due to this year being a very busy year but what did everyone else buy?

Wish I wasn’t in year 12 would’ve got something, but hey there is always next year haha

Was an awesome expo this year.
Lots of stalls, tonnes of animals and other stuff to see and the number of people through the door must have been a record for the event.
Didn't plan on buying anything but was tempted to get the wallet out on a couple of occasions.

I left my license at home because I knew I would buy something I have no self control hahaha

I picked up a pair of juvinile Lampropholis delicata. Been a pain trying to obtain them legitamately lol finally keeping a small skink species.

I picked up a pair of juvinile Lampropholis delicata. Been a pain trying to obtain them legitamately lol finally keeping a small skink species.
I saw those tiny tiny tiny guys!

I got myself a pair of Eastern Water Skinks and a pair of Whites Skinks. Plus I grabbed a book that cost a small fortune. I believe it will be totally worth it though!

B44F1001-C828-40BE-9F82-161322B3DC0A.jpeg

682F0581-7299-419D-B62C-800FF2741B65.jpeg

22E2C419-BC0A-42A3-9BEA-3B77C65CA115.jpeg

No pictures of the Eastern Water Skinks yet as they are still settling in and did not want a bar of my phone.

Met up with a few internet reptile friends for brunch first, we were blown away by how busy it was when we arrived. Went looking for another mangrove but they were sold by the time I got there. Whacked some cash down on a pair of tiny caudos instead. The LHS display was cool, those are some lucky kids! Bumped into a couple of forum people as well, overall was a pretty good day.

Went there looking for a snake but got myself 3 eastern water dragons instead and some decor
5f01e7b81f6ac3e5f0cd3741ebfdb479.jpg
8f11d6e55f3a096242dcc05b0b0add88.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Very cool Stompsy!!!
Thanks Stu! A few big strips of bark, some hollow logs, sand, coir peat, leaf litter and bobs ya mother’s brother.

In saying that, I think it just felt simple because of the amount of work a monitor enclosure entails. These little guys are a piece of cake!

Last edited:
Good find Stompsy. Small skinks are underrated. They're amazing little creatures. Shame that the species list in WA doesn't support them.

I wasn't planning to upload this photo because I didn't like the harsh lighting, but I'll upload it anyway because I like the story behind it. This wild little Crevice Skink was found in a rock outcrop at my cousin's place. I was amazed at how bold and curious she was. I was literally sitting on top of her rocky domain, and while she did retreat at first, she quickly came out to investigate me and the camera. I spent hours in the summer sun trying to get a good shot of her but the lighting simply wasn't working with me. Through it all she didn't seem to mind my presence at all. It was such a great experience, asides from getting sunstroke, that is.

CreviceMBWMaps.jpg

Last edited:
Good find Stompsy. Small skinks are underrated. They're amazing little creatures. Shame that the species list in WA doesn't support them.

I wasn't planning to upload this photo because I didn't like the harsh lighting, but I'll upload it anyway because I like the story behind it. This wild little Crevice Skink was found in a rock outcrop at my cousin's place. I was amazed at how bold and curious she was. I was literally sitting on top of her rocky domain, and while she did retreat at first, she quickly came out to investigate me and the camera. I spent hours in the summer sun trying to get a good shot of her but the lighting simply wasn't working with me. Through it all she didn't seem to mind my presence at all. It was such a great experience, asides from getting sunstroke, that is.

View attachment 323531
I’m a little infatuated with Skinks at the moment! I went to the expo with them on my mind to purchase, although I didn’t expect to bring home 4.

So far, the Whites Skinks are the most curious. I left them in the enclosure whilst creating it and they were torn between fleeing and investigating me. They seem to be fairly tolerant of me moving around the enclosure so far, most of the time they just sit and watch me, tongues flicking occasionally.

The easterns haven’t been as brave just yet, but I’m hoping their new setup and the cover it provides will give them more security and in turn, make them a little less flighty!

Overall, I’m extremely happy with them all. :) and I don’t even care if people think they’re boring... I most certainly don’t.

i find them the complete opposite of boring, those enclosures look amazing too!
Thanks! I’m pretty happy with them and they were fun to put together. I hope the little guys are stomping around them enjoying themselves right now whilst I’m at work!

I was honestly eyeing off the garden skinks Amazing Amazon had, as well as those water skinks but I knew deep down I wouldn’t have time for them haha

I’m a little infatuated with Skinks at the moment! I went to the expo with them on my mind to purchase, although I didn’t expect to bring home 4.

So far, the Whites Skinks are the most curious. I left them in the enclosure whilst creating it and they were torn between fleeing and investigating me. They seem to be fairly tolerant of me moving around the enclosure so far, most of the time they just sit and watch me, tongues flicking occasionally.

The easterns haven’t been as brave just yet, but I’m hoping their new setup and the cover it provides will give them more security and in turn, make them a little less flighty!

Overall, I’m extremely happy with them all. :) and I don’t even care if people think they’re boring... I most certainly don’t.

I'm the same way, Stompsy.

Skinks are never boring, even the small variety. They're intelligent inquisitive reptiles. A friend of mine recently had a clutch of baby King's Skinks. I placed my hand in their enclosure and after a few minutes the majority had come to investigate my hand. Several were "tasting" my fingers. It was pretty darn cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back