Vic reveiw

Discussion in 'General Reptile Discussion' started by CrazyNut, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyNut

CrazyNut Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just curious which year the licensing system review is? Also any idea what might change in terms of reptiles and amphibians listed under the scheduals 2, 3 and 7? Really hoping some more Varanus sp are added, such as Varanus glauerti. Also hoping N.asper and N.amyea are moved to basic.... I honestly don't know why they are on Advanced (much the same with S.taenicauda).

Regards

CN

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. Freeloader

Freeloader Well-Known Member

I don't think anything is added to the list unless a submission is made by a licence holder. Then it is up to depi to make a decision based on the submission. Don't quote me but I think the submission usually contains subjects like husbandry, availability in other states and how the species go in captivity.

3. eipper

eipper Very Well-Known Member APS Veteran

All new editions to the Vic schedules begin on the advanced cat

4. CrazyNut

CrazyNut Well-Known Member

I kmow they start on advanced but the two Nerphurus species and the strophurus I mentioned have been on liscence on here for a while and from what I have seen and spoken to people..... Really not that difficult to keep. How do you make a submission?? Really want to see Rankinia diemensis and Varanus glauerti make it to the schedules (even though they will be on advanced).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.