Victoria Basic Wildlife License Time and Confirmation?

Discussion in 'General Reptile Discussion' started by simonkalseru, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonkalseru

simonkalseru New Member

I sent an application and money order on Saturday. How do we know if the application has been accepted? Do they email or call you or do they just send you the license and record book? How long did it take for you guys to get yours?

2. Smittiferous

Smittiferous Subscriber Subscriber

It'll take a couple of weeks but they'll send you your permit and log book in the mail. Only reason I can really think of being refused is if you have prior convictions relating to animal abuse.

3. simonkalseru

simonkalseru New Member

but do you get notification if it doesn't or does cause sometimes the mail gets messed up

4. pythoninfinite

pythoninfinite Subscriber Subscriber

Depending on where you are in Vic, give it 3-4 days and then call to see if they've received your application. If you addressed your letter correctly it's very unlikely to go astray. I'm sure if there's a problem they will contact you sooner than if it's a routine licence processing - it's a matter of "no news is good news..." I know I'm a bit like you - once I start a process I become very impatient until I know it's actually going to happen... but it always does.

Jamie

5. Stompsy

Stompsy Subscriber Subscriber

I got my advanced Vic license a few months ago (went straight for the advanced) and it took them about 3 weeks to return my paperwork. I got no notification from them that it had been approved either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.