Victoria DSE web site has been revamped

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wont access it at work but does it have any details about the discussed changes

or will these be tabled at the upcoming meeting??

It does not reference any changes but does talk about the change mechanism.

I wonder how receptive they would be to being lobied by email through the email address they supply?

Wildlife Possession & Trade Advisory Committee (WPTAC)

The Wildlife Possession & Trade Advisory Committee (WPTAC) was formed in the early 1990’s to provide advice to the Department of Sustainability and Environment on a range matters relating to wildlife possession and trade in Victoria. Specifically, the Committee provides advice to the Executive Director, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (DSE) on:

• policy, strategies and programs
  • interaction and partnerships between stakeholders and the Department
  • ways to achieve the objectives of the Wildlife Act 1975 with respect to wildlife possession and trade
  • improvements to the licensing process and overall service delivery to customers
  • any other matters referred by the Department.
The Committee generally meets three times per year (in March, July and November), but may meet at other times if required. Submissions can be emailed to WPTAC on [email protected]. Your message will be referred to an appropriate Committee member.

They must be getting ready for the introduction of roughies eh?

i wish!!
IF they do, it will be great! but there are alot of things that they have SAID will happen, but still havent. turtles under 10cm's roughies, rough knobbies etc

When did the DSE say that? There are a lot of things that rumours have said they'd do which have never eventuated, and I suspect we'll continue to see that for a long time ;)

I think the turtle issue should be resolved immediatly, the current law simply encourages people to take adult turtles from the wild.

How is it many pet shops have endless supplies of adult turtles?

Meanwhile as all the adults are taken from the wild in makes it harder for natural breeding to happen and the numbers replenish.

If people were allowed to sell hatchlings i think a lot more people would breed turtles in this state.

I dont know Sadji, this is the second thread its been in. One more time and it will be a proven internet fact.

horserule: The problem is that for decades people were poaching countless baby turtles from the wild (this can actually be extremely easy to do). Older members will remember every Sunday market having 'Penny Turtles' for sale at very cheap prices, all of them poached. I haven't seen this since I was a kid, but I still hear about it happening from time to time. It's a difficult issue with problems associated with any type of regulation.

wokka: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know whether to laugh at such a ridiculous notion being true, or lament such a ridiculous reality! :lol: Well, it seems I'm laughing.

When did the DSE say that? There are a lot of things that rumours have said they'd do which have never eventuated, and I suspect we'll continue to see that for a long time ;)

i didnt word that correctly, when i said they, i meant the general public. DSE never let wind of anything unless is 100% going to happen, or it already has. i doubt very much they are going to change the regulations in a big hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back