Victorian Reptile Keepers - Licence Schedule Update

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilbarensis

Reaction score
Important news for vic reptile keepers

To Victorian Reptile Keepers,

As some of you may know, an update to our licence schedule will take place mid next year like it has many years before. With this update it will be bringing on a lot of new species for us to keep, however from what I have heard there are surprisingly few reptile forms that have been sent in whilst a vast array of mammal and bird forms have been sent in. Currently I am aware of a few species of varanids and geckos that have gotten through, but I am positive that we can do better. I know we already have a pretty decent variety in dragons and pythons here at the moment but there are a lot of species of elapids, monitors and geckos that are commonly available in other states but not here.

Submissions to send in species forms are still open, and if you have a species you want to get added to the list the form is attached to this post. You have to completely fill out the form (excellent knowledge of the species you are writing up the form for is definitely required as well as personal details and common sense). Even though you may send in a form for a species definitely does not mean it is getting through. Unfortunately from what I have heard, the DSE has already knocked back a lot of awesome species. If you have any questions send me a pm and I will be happy to answer them. The email to which you send the form to is included in the form as well as most information. If you want any example forms so you get the general idea of what to do, again, just send me a pm.

Just to let you know, this is just to get people aware of this. I have written and sent in profiles for many different varanids and geckos so far but I think a lot more people should be aware of this, which is why I am posting. Besides, I personally would love a few more species of varanids and geckos on. Also if anyone wants to know a few species that go through (so far I only know a few) send me a pm. Also if anyone wants some species to go through, just post a list and I'll write them up or tell you if a form has already been sent in or if they've been accepted.

A quick disclaimer though; I would not consider myself a reliable source of knowledge on this topic, all I'm doing is letting people know and handing out the forms so that we can try to get as many species onto licence here in Victoria as we can.

To those who are already aware of all this just ignore the topic or if you have any more information please contribute.

Cheers, Scotty

Attachments

• VIC SCHEDULE UPDATE FORM.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Wellsi? I was going to, but if you want to I'd appreciate it - those forms can be quite a bit of work sometimes.

Varanus Rosenbergi, Scalaris, Mitchelli?
Thanks for posting btw.

You're welcome mate. I'll send you a pm. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way, for any varanid people out there I have already completed forms for V. glauerti, V. giganteus, V. rosenbergi, V. baritji and V. panoptes. Don't worry about V. scalaris and V. brevicauda though, from what I've heard they're coming onto the schedule. If anyone out there wants to do any other species that'd definitely save me some time.

Last edited:
I'm happy with the current system and range available. Would like to see womas and RSP's downgraded to the basic licence, not that it matters for me though as I own an elapid.

I would love woma pythons to be downgraded to basic license it would save me alot of extra money haha and would love to see some V. Panoptes in vic aswell

Pretty sure Womas are getting downgraded. Yeah panoptes would be awesome, no reason why they should come on. Especially since lacies and sandies are already on basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back