Views on Bikini Waitressing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glassless_mind

Reaction score
I work as a promo girl to put myself through vet science, and have recently started bikini waitressing. Everyone I mention it to turns up their nose at me.
I just don't see the problem with it. I am a waitress, just wearing a bikini. I get treated FAR, FAR better, working in a bikini in a pub than I do fully clothed working for some of the so called "elite" at "high class" social events, or even just waitressing fully clothed.

Suddenly when I put a bikini on, there seems to be a line drawn around me. No one touches me, and all the sleazy comments just seem to evaporate into thin air.

When I told my Dad what I was doing, he said it crossed a line, and that it's only so guys can perv on me, and if I think it's for any other reason then I'm kidding myself. I realise it is so customers (not only men) can look at me. I also know that I still get hit on while walking down the street. This way, I get paid for it, and there's a security guard there if I ever needed it. The only time I needed it was when I was fully clothed, working at a very exclusive event that I won't name because the vast majority of Australians would have heard of it.

I've also been told that only a "certain type" of girl works in this line. I don't agree with that. Many of the other girls I've met are also trying to put themselves through various degrees.

I want to know other people's views on bikini waitresses. I can't personally see a problem with it. Like I said, I get treated far better in a bikini in a pub than I do fully clothed at prestigious events. Yet everyone I tell, tells me not to do it, that I'm degrading myself, and do I realise that I "don't have to do this". I'm trying to understand why other people seem to think it's so wrong?

I believe people are very quick to judge, the only person who can advise you is ... you. If this is something you can do and hold your head high, then do it. It really shouldnt matter what people think.(parents tend to be a little over protective, specially Dad's with their Daughters) If you are proud of yourself and you like the job go for it I say :)

i want to say 'pics or it didnt happen' but i dont get what youre talking about lol

Hats off to the workin' gal ;)

Haha, jj.

Sex sells, consider yourself fortunate that you're good looking enough to pull it off. Forget what people thing, society is changing and what used to be taboo is no longer. If it's getting you by, then why not? I only study vet technology, and I hate it that much because of how broke I am, if I was a chick I'd strut my stuff around a bar for some coin for sure.

its just business.. no one can disagree.. sex DOES sell. if youve got it, flaunt it!!

It's because it seems like it's the easy way out for a girl with a nice body to some people. Some people go to uni & work hard at another job with less pay to get by. They might think bikini/skimpy waitressing is the easy option.

Other people think you might as well take advantage of being female.

All in all, you are there not for a waitress purpose really, but as something to look at.
Old guys, young guys, creepy guys are all going to be looking at your bits & if you don't mind that, then I guess it's ok?

I'm really torn with this subject Glassless. On one hand it makes me angry (sorry) because I have a great body (& self esteem lol!!) but I'd rather work my ringhole out to support myself. On the other hand I just got a girl to move into my house to help with my mortgage, she's lovely & sweet, & told me she used to do skimpys. So very very torn. Also... Someones gotta do the job too I guess..

This is just all my opinion, please don't get offended by any of it! & I hoped it helped to answer your question :)

We have a bikini girl massage cafe near a school in Adelaide. Personally I like the idea. Massage whilst having a coffee. I do not look down on anyone for their profession.

Go Bikini Girls, god bless you all.
I dont see a difference between modelling in a magazine or a bar, just the money is different.

It's because it seems like it's the easy way out for a girl with a nice body to some people. Some people go to uni & work hard at another job with less pay to get by. They might think bikini/skimpy waitressing is the easy option.

Other people think you might as well take advantage of being female.

All in all, you are there not for a waitress purpose really, but as something to look at.
Old guys, young guys, creepy guys are all going to be looking at your bits & if you don't mind that, then I guess it's ok?

I'm really torn with this subject Glassless. On one hand it makes me angry (sorry) because I have a great body (& self esteem lol!!) but I'd rather work my ringhole out to support myself. On the other hand I just got a girl to move into my house to help with my mortgage, she's lovely & sweet, & told me she used to do skimpys. So very very torn. Also... Someones gotta do the job too I guess..

This is just all my opinion, please don't get offended by any of it! & I hoped it helped to answer your question :)

If you were paid to go to the beach, would you decline a nice day out? :p

Thanks for your opinions.

Woodys90... I guess I feel that I am working my backside off trying to get through vet. I don't have much spare time, and if I can work for just a few hours, to get enough money to help feed myself and pay the rent, then it's better than nothing. I would happily do another job, or fully cover up for this one, if I could earn the same amount of money in the little time I have. Thanks for your opinion, and don't worry, I'm not offended by what anyone thinks, just trying to understand the different views. It's certainly not what I plan on doing forever, just so I can support myself while I study to get where I want to go.

CrystalMoon - people are quick to judge. I can do this and hold my head up high, because I get treated better doing it, than I do when I walk down the street in the town I live in. :)

Ask the naysayers "What do you wear when you go to the beach? Long pants and long sleeved shirt?". As Kawasakirider is mentioning, you're not wearing anything different to someone going to a beach or pool, you'd still get people perving at the beach or pool, cept you're getting paid.

It's just a bikini, it's not like you're doing it nude (not that I frown upon that either)
People have to do what they can to get by.

I used to date a girl who was studying and I didn't know at first that she was working at show gilrs (strip club).
At first I didn't like the idea of my gf dancing and taking off her clothes for money but I could see that for her, it was just a way to make ends meet and nothing more.
Getting know her before I knew that about her really did change the way I looked at others things in life too.

People can be so closed minded.

Last edited:
I think wearing a bikini to the beach for the purpose to swim & get a tan, is a little different to wearing a bikini whilst serving men alcohol to be looked at & make money :p
That would be like comparing bikini waitressing to female pro surfers? lol
Hey, Glassless asked for opinions, I had one & gave it to her very nicely :)

Hi Glassless.
I'm a 37 year young guy with a hot wife and two great kids and I have some experience in your situation - from another perspective.
I worked in, performed in and managed various night clubs for many years, which also included the management and caring for promo and marketing girls.
Some of the most highly intelligent, socially adept, self respecting, articulate and now very successful young women I know worked as promo girls - be it on a racing grid, night clubs, open nights, bikini waitressing, marketing
staff or the like.
None were '****s', 'scrags' 'ho's. or any other demeaning term you can apply.
They were smart young women who identified an opportunity to progress whilst supporting themsleves and succeeded as a result.
Some are lawyers/solicitors, one is a a leading marketing professional, one is a uni lecturer, another is a sensational housewife/mother and business woman.. the list continues...

Understand and accept your own values as a woman and be uncompromising in your application of these attributes and you will indeed overcome other people's misguided and ill informed judgements.

Your dad's point of view is a tricky one and only something that you and he can work through - in fairness, I am am a father of a 9 year old girl and I ask myself 'what would I do...' and in contradiction, my response would probably be exactly the same as your dad's....

In fairness, what you are doing is not wrong, dirty, sleazy, tasteless etc.
Only you can define your own boundaries and it sounds as though yours are quite solid.

Talk to your dad and respect his position, however you must also live your own life.
At the end of the day, if you are an attractive, intelligent young woman who has identified an opportunity to better your self and your future - do it.
I wish you all the luck - many people are too lazy or complacent to give anything a go.

Simon :)

I work as a promo girl to put myself through vet science, and have recently started bikini waitressing. Everyone I mention it to turns up their nose at me.
I just don't see the problem with it. I am a waitress, just wearing a bikini. I get treated FAR, FAR better, working in a bikini in a pub than I do fully clothed working for some of the so called "elite" at "high class" social events, or even just waitressing fully clothed.

Suddenly when I put a bikini on, there seems to be a line drawn around me. No one touches me, and all the sleazy comments just seem to evaporate into thin air.

When I told my Dad what I was doing, he said it crossed a line, and that it's only so guys can perv on me, and if I think it's for any other reason then I'm kidding myself. I realise it is so customers (not only men) can look at me. I also know that I still get hit on while walking down the street. This way, I get paid for it, and there's a security guard there if I ever needed it. The only time I needed it was when I was fully clothed, working at a very exclusive event that I won't name because the vast majority of Australians would have heard of it.

I've also been told that only a "certain type" of girl works in this line. I don't agree with that. Many of the other girls I've met are also trying to put themselves through various degrees.

I want to know other people's views on bikini waitresses. I can't personally see a problem with it. Like I said, I get treated far better in a bikini in a pub than I do fully clothed at prestigious events. Yet everyone I tell, tells me not to do it, that I'm degrading myself, and do I realise that I "don't have to do this". I'm trying to understand why other people seem to think it's so wrong?

My view is, where's the view. your pics didn't upload.

this debate has gone on for years. (women exposing their bodies to earn money - in whatever form) the common phrase often heard is "its women being exploited" what a load of hogwash !
the only ones being exploited are the males who willingly go to see beautiful women and will happily pay a little extra cash for the privelage, in your scenario chances are the sandwiches are a little dearer than they are down the road...... and who knows you may even get an odd tip here and there.

If you're comfortable doing it then dont let anyone (even your father) put you down. tell him its not like you're standing on the street corner asking for donations for your retirement fund LOL....

you get treated how you teach people to treat you.... if you act like an alleycat thats how you'll be treated, if you hold your head high and be proud of the fact you are earning an HONEST LIVING then thats how you'll get treated most of the time - you wont stop the odd sleaze bag - and if that happens go straight to who ever is in charge for that shift and get him kicked out.

Its up to you, but watch out for sleazebags, some of them can turn into stalkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back