Views on Bikini Waitressing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two points.

Firstly, I believe society stills runs on a double standard. A scantily clad female not in the appropriate place with the appropriate weather is seen as having low morals and all that goes with that. Yet there are plenty of bikinis at the beach that never so much as get wet. Are simply worn to get a better tan or are they for the benefit of the other gender? My few observations of how the “dry bikini” lasses suddenly come to life and have to roll over or lean forward and brush of the sand, when a hunky young male or three is in close geographic proximity… Whether at the beach, in a pub across from the beach or in a nite club, the bikini is very much about sexual attraction. But because the night club is not where swimsuits are normally worn and the wearing of them is by one gender only, it immediate raises a question about morals. The lonely men go to the pub to “perv” while the young bucks go to the beach to “check out the babes”. So the older, lonely men are sleazy, while the young bucks are just normal, red blooded lads. OK, there are differences but the core differences are created by society – they are more imagined than they are real. And the supposed values we attach to these differences are simply not justifiable in this day and age. In summary, society’s values produce the reservations many have, especially the older generation. But when you look more closely at society’s values, what’s OK for one group is not OK for another.

Secondly, is about work. You are comfortable with what you are asked to do. This involves wearing bikini so obviously you have got the body otherwise you would not have the job. That means you are aware and comfortable with men checking you out. There is no doubt a percentage of women with equally attractive bodies that would not be comfort with this. So what? You are not one of them. That’s all you can say. And all I say is that one day it would be nice to have someone check out my body who wasn’t a doctor or nurse on duty. The other thing that is really important is that the work environment has been geared to ensure you are not shown disrespect as a person – via a clear set of rules that are enforced rigidly and rapidly. This protects both your safety and your dignity. You are not some object or bimbo **** that the patrons can play with accordingly. What you have found is that they show you positive respect and engage in enjoyable conversation with you (for the most part). I think that the safety aspect and having patron show you respect is a huge plus.

I have a 25 year old daughter who has been dancing since she was a toddler and now teaches dance. Both children have been in so many concerts and cabarets. They do wear the occasional costume you could call quite revealing, especially under studio lights. I have no problem with that as it is appropriate to where and when. I think what you do is appropriate to where and when as well.

Blue

re 'adding as a friend' - was only genuinely interested in your progress with vet science and how you worked through your issue, glassless, nothing else.

haha ok you go look and tell me, because I don't know where to look.

That's not what I'm after anyway. I wanted people's opinions, and I didn't know where else I could post something to get a general idea of views on the subject, particularly from people who don't know me.

Also, people who add me as a friend on here after I post something like this... I'm not going to add you... Message me if you really want, but unless you have a genuine question, I'm not going to reply either. That's not what this thread was about.

It's pretty late so I'll make one quick point. First, I agree with the people who say if you feel comfortable doing it, go right ahead. I don't think I ever could! I totally understand that you'd rather work a job that pays more per hour so you can use the extra time for studying.

The only thing that makes me wary is future consequences. Is there any chance the job could come back to bite you? Although I realise you're probably not going to put it on your CV, these things can get about, especially in the internet age. There would be some people who might not take you so seriously or put you in a certain demeaning category if they knew you'd once worked as a bikini waitress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back