Virides is designing Geckos - We need your help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think?

• Hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virides

We have been looking at other animals that we have always wanted to add to our product range. We have designed these geckos above but we need your help. We want to have names for these two products. These designs are representative and not necessarily a specific species. For example, our Antaresia is named as such because an Antaresia has an almost glassy look, and clear plastic closely represents that. We want our customers to be involved with the design process :)

Also please vote so we are convinced these are a popular choice!

Thanks from the Virides Team :)

We have since updated the design, getting better?

We would really appreciate any feedback :)

Head is a better shape than original ones.
Something in between those would more resemble an Oedura sp. (head shape from new one with old nose shape)

they look great and i think that you will more then likely sell a fair few. 2nd design looks much better, the first ones look like monitors with gecko feet :)

Some lizard type handles would be good as well

While we would love to have a wide range of handles, they are expensive to make. To sell them, prices would start around $17 to $20 a handle, maybe more (without going to China, which goes against our policy of Australian Made). Lizards especially add more cost due to the longer path for their profile.

It is on our wish list, but we simply can't afford them just yet. The finger grips are far more cost effective at this point. But thanks for the suggestion :)

This is the Knob Tail version. What ya think? We can't make the spikes too projected or too sharp as this adds cost and makes them rather uncomfortable.

last 2 are my favourites. also would love some dragon ones beardies in particular.

yeah beardie ones would have been great a couple of years ago.I now have 5 enclosures with the old style grips :(

you can always remove old grips and put the new ones on. thats what i plan on doing with a few enclosures.

yeah beardie ones would have been great a couple of years ago.I now have 5 enclosures with the old style grips :(

You can remove them. If they are the plastic ones, you have to pry them off with a butter knife and firmly lift it off. Remember you will be applying force to the glass doing this, so be slow and methodical with the removal. The steel versions are a little harder, however the adhesive used for the steel ones is not as unforgiving as the clear ones. Take the same care and remember that the steel will not bend or break off like the clear ones. Once the items have been removed, use turps to clean up the glue and then metho to remove the turps residue before applying the other finger grips.

Post #2 and #17 are really cute. I might have to get some for when I get some geckos.

I really like the revised version of the first lot. It reminds me of a more realistic version of the watermark I use for my art/photography (a stylized Robust Velvet gecko).

Well we have put in a preliminary order for the Leaf Tail and Knob Tail Gecko. The velvet gecko will come later for now. So once it is up online, will let you know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back