Virides to do Name Plates for your Animals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virides

728x90_Banner_March2013_zps1bd7b83d.jpg

We have decided to start simple with what we offer in Laser Etched Items - we are still wanting to do photos as we proposed in another thread. A simpler item to provide is a Name Plate. We have ordered the material to make these Name Plates which is a silver plastic panel that when etched, reveals black plastic. This comes with an adhesive on the back.

Below are the options we want to provide:
Nameplate_Options_zps83baa579.jpg

The QR2id Code will allow you to activate an account and payment for the code will occur after purchasing the name plate. So you can get the Name Plate with the QR2id Code and you are not obliged to activate it - it is your choice. This means that the QR2id Coded and Non-coded Name Plates will be cost the same as each other. We haven't determined a price yet, however it will be under $10ea (not including postage).

If you would like to get yours made please PM me with the following:

Your Name
Your Address
Your Email

Pet's Name
Common Name
Scientific Name
Special Message (Y/N - keep it short)
QR2id Code (Y/N)

----------------------

Once we have etched the name plates and thus calculated costs we will send you an Invoice to be paid. We don't have a price as yet, but remember we know it will be under $10, so budget for $10ea to cover yourself. The postage will be about $7.

We need at least 60 name plates to be able to do the first batch with nothing spare, so we would appreciate it if you could put your order through. For the moment this is for APS members only until we implement it on the website.

J-A-X (The DIY Queen) has already put through her order :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to ensure the final product has no spelling mistakes.

*Morelia spilota cheynei ;)

I would be happy to order some. I was going to get some metal ones made up but these should look really good.

You might want to ensure the final product has no spelling mistakes.

*Morelia spilota cheynei ;)

I would be happy to order some. I was going to get some metal ones made up but these should look really good.

Thanks for that, image fixed now :)

Thats a pretty damned good price as the trophy shop here wants $25 for the plastic 1s and all they have on them is the animals name or $50 for the brass on plastic 1s. I will deff be thinking about getting some from you when i finalise the living quarters for my clan. +++1 :) ................................Ron

Thats a pretty damned good price as the trophy shop here wants $25 for the plastic 1s and all they have on them is the animals name or $50 for the brass on plastic 1s. I will deff be thinking about getting some from you when i finalise the living quarters for my clan. +++1 :) ................................Ron

Please still PM us with your order but leave out the names of the animals, we can then set aside these for you when you want them done.

We are probably cheaper because I am not too fussed about charging "labour". I spend so much time on the business as it is that artwork for a customer and artwork for Virides are interchangeable. Good to know we are cheaper :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the QR2id codes done at random or can you request an existing one put on it? Not overly important, just wondering :)

The codes are designed to be single use, however you can have the same code on several things, but they will only redirect you to the one category setting with the applicable information. So if you had an enclosure with a QR2id code label and all your information logged, then got a Nameplate with the same QR2id code, the nameplate would direct to the same information as the label. This is fine for one enclosure, but won't mean you can have multiple sets of information for more than one enclosure.

Haha yeah that's what I meant, using the one that's currently on an enclosure and getting it put onto the plate.

All you would need to do is quote the QR2id Serial Number. If you could PM me those details thanks :)

We are still wanting some more people to add to the back, if you want name plates, best to put your order in before we etch the first batch.

My full order for 7 has just gone in :)

Rather than a 'special message' i've requested the Hatch date. Although that info will be in the database, it will be handy having it on the label for people that ask. My brain cells are already overloaded with out having to think about how old they are, and visitors are curious.

Last edited:
Any more orders, we still need quite a few more to make the first batch worth while.

Remember to PM us in this fashion:

Your Name
Your Address
Your Email

Pet's Name
Common Name
Scientific Name
Special Message (Y/N) If yes, please keep it short, as J-A-X suggested can be Date of Birth
QR2id Code (Y/N) If you have a QR2id code already, please supply the serial number as shown on the code label.

We would really like to have this as a permanent thing on the Virides website, we make enclosure enhancements after all and this would be an excellent addition.

Alternatively for the special message I was tossing up the idea of putting the locale of the animal. For example I would have:

Pet name
Woma python
Aspidites ramsayi
Tanami locale

Just another idea if people want it.
:)

Alternatively for the special message I was tossing up the idea of putting the locale of the animal. For example I would have:

Pet name
Woma python
Aspidites ramsayi
Tanami locale

Just another idea if people want it.
:)

Is it possible to have as Redfox suggested adding also DOB.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of womas, when will we get to buy woma finger grips, etc?

I think you put the wrong pic up ^^^ but I've seen your aspidites finger grips and they look great :)

Yes, I have seen the BHP but no womas.

I'd argue that they're the same :) not much you can do with black and silver, unless the head was silver with black eyebrows and black banding?

Actually that's an awesome idea!!! :D

Scott...? *puppy dog eyes*

I just ordered the BHP for my womas. I think they look great. I'll shove some picture up for you woma-wild when I get them.

I see no reason why you couldn't have your name plate as:

Pet name
Woma python
Aspidites ramsayi
Tanami locale - dd/mm/yyyy

I think that would look pretty good. Might have to steal that idea. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back