Vivariums and Terrariums

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt, try putting some info into your posts. You made a new thread to 'do the right thing' right?Don't just post an empty message, you're trying to convince people that you're not just trying to get "points",remember?
Don't assume that everyone's been following your posts throughout the other threads.
What would you like help with? :)

Cool

hey cool i didnt no that we got points i just thought it changed what you are!so cooooooool!
My question was how big do you think a vivarium for my 4 frogs the all are about 1 and a half inches long they all get along well im not sure if you would no but just incase you do.

Matt I will answer your question ok but you need to start using the forum in the right way.APS is a friendly community and im afraid you are getting on everybodies nerves.Now the forums will probably have to be modified due to your flooding the posts. (Which means extra work for the owners of the site. I doubt they will continue being tolerant of your approach in here)

Anyways a vivarium for 4 frogs.

Use a 3 foot fishtank and silicone in a piece of glass standing upright in the centre. (to divide the tank in 1/2)
1 side use water and in the other use a gravell substrate or sand etc.
Use a tiny filter to filtrate the water (an internal bio filter is good)
During winter run a hose from the filters return pipe to a spray bar on the top of the tank (this will filtrate the water then spray a mist throghout the whole tank to substitute the rainy season)

thanks

thanx hey isnt the rainy season from feb to march and how much does the filter cost do they need any heat or light?and what should the divider height be?and whats the width of the tank?

Use a standard 3 foot tank which is 90cm long 45 cm high and 35cm wide.
The divider height should be 1/2 the height of the tank say 22cm (this will give a decent swimming area as well as height to leap etc).
The filter shouldnt cost much at all perhaps $25 with hoses you need etc.
The sunlight from a near by window should be sufficient (not direct sunlight as it will encourage algae)
As for heat I dont think they would need it,but there is no harm in reading up on the species you wish to keep.
if heating is necessary use a small aquarium heater in the water.

?

I yeah and when i hook up the mist gadget wont it lower the water in the tank or should i just get a icecream container full of water and hook it up to the pump?And also what should the height be of the tank?and should the lid have a hole in it for easy feeding?how offen would i have to clean it?and do frogs smell?

Um, Matt..don't you already have the frogs? :?

yes

yeah i know but they are in a different set up im getting a new one the one that i have is in a huge pot it has lilly pads and flowers and fish and tadpoles and alot of other stuff it is also out door and i want a indoor one if you want a pic of it i can give you one!

Aquariums have lids when you purchase them so you wont need holes for easy feeding.Height of the tank is 45cm.
Do a 15% water change every week.
You said you own frogs so you tell us DO THEY STINK?
And when misting just mist on the water side so water levels dont drop.The frogs will spend there time in the water breeding etc then anyway.

and cyber can i have fish in the water side lets say white clouds or have water snails?and should i yous fake or real plants and should the frogs need a hide or something else?and do you think this is a rip off i buy my crickets from a local pet store named pet city the sell large for $7.50?

Only when they want to they sink!
when the geat older they will get bigger will i have to get a bigger tank or not and what types of fuana should i yous?will it be ok for me to keep it in my room near the window and like at night if i turn the light on will it affect them?

I wouldnt put fish into the enclosure they may snap at the frogs feet etc.Instead I would add guppies and mosquito larvae from the local creek This will help feed the frogs also.Yes the fake plants is a good idea as if they breed they will adhere there eggs to it.Dont clutter the water side too much though as youd like a good swimming area for them.

Hope I have helped

Man you have helped me the most someone has ever done in my life wow!
I have a question about the mozzys if i put them in there and i open the lid to clean out the water they will get out and also i feed my frogs crickets from the pet store a mozzy would be to small i yes and should i put small water snails in the water to help clean it and for the lavea the filter would suck them in what could i do about that?

i have so many questions thanxs for answering them! :!: :!:

Glad I am able to help Matt.After all that is what we all use this forum for and it is filled with many users that share the same passions of learning more and more and being able to help a fellow herper when need be.

The mozzys are actually larvae that i speak of.
If you leave a decent sized water bowl outside for a few days it will go stale and you get those wriggly creatures.Use them.
As for water snails They will end up eating the frogs eggs.But if you dont intend to breed then sure that will work and they cant get stuck in the filter as you would use a small unit with very tiny airation holes in it.

but how do the lavea get eatin if they are under water i have never seen a frog eat under water?and when i do clean the water i will have to remove the lavea?any way i feed them crickets i buy 50 of them for $7.50 do you think that is a rip off?and what do you suggest i yous on the land side of the tank?

The crickets sound about reasonable price.
Im not an expert on frogs as I dont keep them but I am sure they eat mozzy larvae.

Hmmm now im questioning myself here :lol:

well i have kept striped marsh frogs since i was like 4 and i have never seen one eat lavea it is to small!
when i was little i just liked to help the local frogs i kept them in a foam box outside at one end it had water and the other had land and moss they could come and lay there eggs and hop away!

but now i can get the frogs to keep a lady up the road breeds them and i can choose what type i want she has a pond she doesnt feed them cause the are out side!

do you think i could keep a few tad poles in the water?

Matt that is an even better idea with the tadpoles.
But the eggs need to be laid in the water preferably on plant matter. They dont lay eggs in dry moss that im aware of.

Once i set up the tank how long should i leave it before i put the frogs in?
And can you right up the hole entire things 4 me so that i can go on like a shopping list type thng like all the mesurments and what i should need inside it and all the gear than i can print it out and yous it as a guide type thing if you want to(Please)send it to this email address [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back