• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

W.T.B STAFFY OR STAFFY X

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,

This is a link to staffy rescue centres across the State - they do a great job and have lots of nice dogs looking for homes.
http://staffyrescue.org.au/contact.htm
Also, if you live in the Sydney area - Hornsby Animal Shelter have several Staffy x pups (02) 9484 2166
Hope this helps - i have a staffy and they are great dogs!
:D

I have a female american staffy for sale.
Excellent dog but we just had a newborn baby & we would prefer to purchase another pup when she is a little older to let them grow up together.

A dog is for life, not until its inconvenient.
NO KIDDING,,REALLY
i thought it was a disposable pet like a budgie, just flush it and get another,,
didnt ask for your chitchat in my wanted thread either,
you think you have an opinion?? pm me
baz

Abitfishy,
If that comment was directed at me I think I have the right to put my family's well being before any animal. The fact is the dog is protective of my other 1/2 and it is her idea that we find a good home for her while we have a newborn child taking majority of her time away from the animal. She is afraid the dog may see the baby as coming between them. As the dog is still a pup it is also hypo as the breed is in puppy stage and she also worries about it jumping over the baby etc.

So while you may see it as an inconvenience & calice attempt to get rid of a dog, I see it as a wise decision in order to protect my loved ones of any possible harm whether accidental or otherwise...

It wasn't directed at you ssssnakeman, so chill out mate, maybe a goldfish is a better option. :D

JandC, yep, it was directed at you. Your reasoning is fine if its an adult dog already, but since it is still a pup, a good dog trainer will have the issue sorted out in no time. :)

Best of luck.

No worries ssssnakeman. I'm involved in domestic dog rescue, mainly rehoming from pounds when they are going to be put down - so feel pretty strongly about people actually putting in the time and effort to train their dogs, rather than them getting rid of them - do the rounds of a pound and you will see why I feel that way.....so mate, check out your pounds for a staffy. Maybe start with the Lost Dogs Home if you are nearby..

I agree.
Infact I feel she will be fine without the training as she is a wonderful natured animal, only once in a blue moon will she get over excited & try to jump on you etc & that is just all young dogs in general. However my Mr's feels differently. Being a victim of a similar circumstances on her 6 year old daughter has her paranoid of large breed dogs. It was a job in itself getting her to say yes to even purchasing 1. Mind you that breed was a rottweiller & had been through training services.

So am I supposed to pass off my girls thoughts & feelings? because you say I am doing the wrong thing? Am I supposed to have my Mr's feel uncomfortable because a dog is for life? Regardless of any efforts I make she would prefer to either not own a dog at all or to buy a small breed later on when the baby is older.

The dog was advertised several times from 500 down to 100 and even offered free to good home (only 1 reply and the bloke discussed crossing it with his pittbull male so I denied him from taking her). She will only go to a good loving home, if I just wanted to get rid of her I could turn her in as a pittbull and have her disposed of, or drop her off at the pound. Obviously we care about the animal BUT as I said my family's well being, including comfortability comes 1st.

EDIT:
Don't even know why I need to explain myself to a complete stranger over the internet, but oh well.

Fair enough mate. I didn't know the full story etc, but maybe discussing getting a trainer in with your wife first, agreeing that if she wasn't comfortable still, then rehome the dog.

As for explaining to a complete stranger over the internet - you don't have to, but remember, its a PUBLIC forum, so you should always be ready for a-holes like me to come along!! :D

cool as. sorry snakeman to wreck your thread but anything to do with amstaff's i have to check things out to see if i can help. whats it like with other dogs?

if you were i9n adelaide she'd have a new loving home tonight J&C!

be sure to keep an eye out in the newspaper there is usually a few 4sale in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back