Waking Up In Weird Places...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have an aggressive nature, you have a violent one. That's much worse. Considering we are basically a product of our environment maybe you have had some drama in the past that slightly unhinged your subconscious take on yourself. I believe that all dreams are mirroring our subconscious thoughts about ourselves and are a healing. Even the nightmares are bringing up a part of yourself that you have trouble with. A bruised or injured ego is a powerful force. Dreams help us to release.

My wife laughs in her sleep, I have never seen anything so gorgeous all in my life.

More of your Anecdotal evidence Cement?

Considering i have had these since the age of 2 i hardly think your ill founded opinion could be even remotely correct. By the way... there's no need to try to insinuate about my personal life because you do not agree with my opinions toward other subjects - namely Jaguar's. I find it amusing though that your above post shows more about you than it does about me. Pathetic and Pitiful. Nice to know that i get under your skin though ;)

Geez Minka you must be scared to go to sleep at night.I feel so sorry for you to have to live with such a thing.Is there medical help that you can get?And the jerk who posted the violent nature bit up here,mate i don't need to be asleep to have a violent nature.
Minka ayntime you wanna chat just PM me.:D

My other half plays lots of WOW,and he likes to keep playing in his sleep.I get called all sorts of weird things,and casting of spells etc.That can drive a woman crazy

More of your Anecdotal evidence Cement?

Considering i have had these since the age of 2 i hardly think your ill founded opinion could be even remotely correct. By the way... there's no need to try to insinuate about my personal life because you do not agree with my opinions toward other subjects - namely Jaguar's. I find it amusing though that your above post shows more about you than it does about me. Pathetic and Pitiful. Nice to know that i get under your skin though ;)[/QUOTE

Now that's a reply! Under my skin? God love you.
Funny how you mention Jaguars here, what do they have to do with the price of fish in Arabia?
"Fondness for weapons", "almost stabbing my partner", "walking around the house with a knife while asleep". I agree with you that this is a defensive scene, one that is so strong you could even commit murder in your sleep. I stand by what I say about dreams being a reflection of ourselves, sometimes showing parts that we are scared of or extremely dislike. I am sorry you have had terror since you were two, but don't use it as an excuse for being childish now.
Would you agree with me on this.... "people are like oceans, we see the small fish swimming in the shallows in the sun, but we never really know what truly lurks in the dark black depths."

Geez Minka you must be scared to go to sleep at night.I feel so sorry for you to have to live with such a thing.Is there medical help that you can get?And the jerk who posted the violent nature bit up here,mate i don't need to be asleep to have a violent nature.
Minka ayntime you wanna chat just PM me.:D

My other half plays lots of WOW,and he likes to keep playing in his sleep.I get called all sorts of weird things,and casting of spells etc.That can drive a woman crazy

Jerk?? Its mister Jerk to you!
And your violent when your awake... imagine living with the two of you!! A bloke would be on a hair trigger and mentally stretched like a bit of cheap chewing gum after two days. I have personally seen what three days with no sleep can do to a man, suicide.

Last edited:
As a kid I used to sleep walk and talk all the time. Scariest thing that ever happened to me was waking up midstride halfway down the hallway, when a second ago I'd been lying in my bed.

Quite often I'd climb out of my bed on the top bunk, walk down the hallway, open my parents' bedroom door and just stand there staring at them until mum or dad woke up and put me back to bed. Happened at least once a week, apparently.

Then there was the time mum found me in the kitchen, about to throw my teddy in the bin. When asked what I was doing, I replied: "Throwing this old thing away." Which is bizarre, coz I loved that bear.

My dad and I once had a conversation with each other, in gibberish, while both asleep. Our bedrooms were on opposite sides of the house from one another.

My housemate is really funny when she falls asleep on the couch, because if you try and wake her up she gets really aggressive, swearing and sometimes throwing punches. Apparently she's forced her boyfriend out of their bed while asleep, once telling him to "sleep on the floor, like the dog you are," and punched him in the kidneys a couple times. Which is odd because she's one of the nicest people I know. But her boyfriend talks in his sleep too; once she woke up to find him chatting up some girl in his sleep. That punch in the kidneys she did on purpose, haha

I wake up in weird places after lots of cranberry juice :?
I drank 2L one night, went to bed and woke up in the bathroom clutching a cranberry juice bottle :shock:

haha yeh, cranberry juice. Just cranberry juice. Would the brand happen to be smirnoff ?? ;-)

Hahah im lovin these stories lol, and i actually have somethin to contribute to this.
After a nite out on the town i came home rather intoxicated, put myself to bed and woke up the next morning outside in the dog bed...
I asked my younger brother how it happened and he replied " u got up in ur sleep and said 'wee wee to go please' and pissed in the washing basket, after that u went to the kitchen and put some oranges in the microwave then went outside, brought the dog inside, then went back out and got into his bed" soooo needless to say that was the last night out i had in awhile...

On a side note however has anyone had tha dream bout eating a giant marshmellow and then u wake up and cant find ur pillow and start to freak out, only to realise it fell down side the bed?

Hahah im lovin these stories lol, and i actually have somethin to contribute to this.
After a nite out on the town i came home rather intoxicated, put myself to bed and woke up the next morning outside in the dog bed...
I asked my younger brother how it happened and he replied " u got up in ur sleep and said 'wee wee to go please' and pissed in the washing basket, after that u went to the kitchen and put some oranges in the microwave then went outside, brought the dog inside, then went back out and got into his bed" soooo needless to say that was the last night out i had in awhile...

On a side note however has anyone had tha dream bout eating a giant marshmellow and then u wake up and cant find ur pillow and start to freak out, only to realise it fell down side the bed?

OMG yes! . I was freaking out going noway this must be a dream inside a dream, then I looked down to see my pillow on the floor. I was like thank god it ain't real haha

I really thought this was gonna be a thread about drinking and blacking out. I was all set to tell my trunk story.

But that is an odd dream!

I have only had one sleep walking experience that I know of, we were living in qld on a 40 acre property at the time & i'd gone to bed stressing out because I couldn't get my car started due to a flat battery. I woke up at 3am in the kitchen clutching the car keys in my hand & yelling out to my boyfriend " what did you want me to get". He wandered out to the kitchen & asked me what on earth I was going on about & we then realised I was covered in mud from the creek which is about a km away. We worked out that i'd gone down to the creek at some point then tried to start the car, the floor of the car had mud all over it. The funny thing was that I did all that wearing just a pair of nickers:oops: I was so glad we lived a long way from any neighbours.

If you're a sleepwalker, you should try some techniques to induce lucid dreaming.
Pretty sure sleep walkers have greater success when it comes to lucid dreaming..

I've been trying to learn to do that recently. Just starting to have some success but it takes practice. Do you know why do sleepwalkers have more success?

I can't exactly remember the reason. Something to do with being able to remain in deep REM whilst being semi-conscious and being able to make use of motor skills, etc. As a result, they'e (somehow) able to recognise the self when dreaming.

I'd have to dig through some journals to fully remember how it works.

I haven't intentionally been practising lucid dreaming, but I have found it to be happening quite a bit lately. Sometimes it will just happen (probably due to medication). Other times I realise how absurd my dreams are and realise they're not real

Best bet for information, if you wish to avoid nonsense new-age sites:

http://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?q=lucid+dreaming&hl=en&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=on

Haha medication or "medication"? :p
I wish we had the machines from Inception. I'd totally be one of those losers who lives my "real" life in the dream world

I can't exactly remember the reason. Something to do with being able to remain in deep REM whilst being semi-conscious and being able to make use of motor skills, etc. As a result, they'e (somehow) able to recognise the self when dreaming.

I'd have to dig through some journals to fully remember how it works.

I haven't intentionally been practising lucid dreaming, but I have found it to be happening quite a bit lately. Sometimes it will just happen (probably due to medication). Other times I realise how absurd my dreams are and realise they're not real

Best bet for information, if you wish to avoid nonsense new-age sites:

lucid dreaming - Google Scholar

Its interesting that you bring this up... When I am sleep walking, I dont realise that I am dreaming, in fact I dont see what I am really seeing (its more like I am walking through a cyber space - the general jist of my surroundings is there, but colours/people/objects are different) its not until something wakes me up that I realise that I have been sleep walking. I would love to be able to realise that I am dreaming before this happens! (like BEFORE I end up outside in my birthday suit, and getting woken up by a cold breeze!)

When I am on some kind of medication (like antibiotics) I have the most spun out and crazy dreams or nightmares. They are so fictional and unrealistic (like cartoon dreams) that I am SUPRISED I dont realise I am dreaming. Unfortunately sometimes when I wake up I still have trouble coming to terms with the fact: it was JUST a dream!

I want to look into this lucid dreaming idea more... it might sleep a lot easier and less stressful!

How awesome would it be to get to the point where you not only realise you're dreaming but you can control that crazy cartoon world. That's why I started researching it. I suppose not going outside in the nude is a good reason to learn too though :p

Lucid dreaming is wicked fun. Though once while dreaming I started to suspect how ridiculous the entire stituation was, and performed a couple reality checks. But somehow I managed to convince myself that I wasn't dreaming! Very bizarre.

Also, false awakenings suck. Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back