• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted penny turtles in wollongong

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blair

Reaction score
im looking at purchaeing penny turtles in the illawarra area if theres any one out there that can help me out that would be great

thanks blair simpson

hey blair,

there is no such thing as a penny turtle as far as i know, but i believe there are some turtles that take longer to reach adukt hood than others?

ok
thanks i was just told by a mate that there was
so i will change the add to any small turtles

yea, as spike said penny turtles are just young turtles, i know there r some sp that dont grow as big so find out what they r and go 4 them

Macleay River Shortnecks would be one of the smallest that is easily obtainable. Emydura maquarrii dharra. Top carapace length of 142mm.

Pet shops years ago used to sell any baby turtles they could get as Penny Turtles, thus the name..........it has no reflection on their rate of growth or their adult size

penny turtles are mainly murray river short necks and eastern long necks babies.
i guess people trick the buyers by saying that their baby turtles are pennys wether they are long or short necks

PS other baby turtles are sometimes called penny aswell.

I have not read a single post on this thread but can garuntee that every single reply so far will be the same "no such thing as penny turtles" lol

Anyways I am off to read it & see if I am right or not :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back