• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted red belly black

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamMamba

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all im lookin for breeders or people who own red belly black snakes as im hopfully gettin my license soon

cheers sam

are you getting a licence to keep elapids if so i know a guy that has several tigger snakes a red belly black and a king brown

I should be able to help you out. Email me when you;ve got your licence.

further on down the track id love to get a rbblack or a death adder, how do you get a licence 4 vens? do i have to have my normal licence for so many years, or do you have to do a course or somethin?
thanks;)

not sure on liscense requirements for elapids in other states but in NSW you need two years experience with class one snakes then two years experience with class two snakes, then every year after that you can upgrade through the three levels of venemous snake liscense, although you will also need documentation from other approved people stating you are competent, you need to know what to do in case of snake bite and you have to prove that the housing of the snakes is very strict, they are to be under lock and ker at all times and there enclosure must be escape proof. so its not too easy. hope this helps. NSW does have the strictest rules on this so you might find they are more lenient in other states. hope this helps.

i think in vic you just need to do a course and get docs from someone to say your competent. only one type of ven licence as far as i know (advanced).

why wouldnt you want a dangerous snake. aus elapids are so beautiful

i dont mean to offend any one in saying this but if the reason you want to keep vens is just to impress the neighbours, friends or girl friend then they are not the snakes for you as keeping them is a very serious hobby that takes a lot of training and the snakes them selves require alot of respect. it is the same as keeping a loaded gun

i love red belly blacks an i have alot of experince handlin them,when i was younger i used 2 always move them from my auntys home b4 she got out the shovel,i have high respects for then an fell in love with them,there my fav ven snake besides the black mamba,an to quote on jkrakka if i want 2 impress the neighbours i would do that by buyin a ferrari

sammamba its good to hear that you have lots of experience with RBB i didnt mean to offend you or any thing and i wish you all the best in finding your self a RBB. i myself would love to eventually own one, im actually going to tafe next year to start training in wild life handling any way good luck mate

The red bellies are so nice (the colours i mean)...obviously to have one, you have to be very careful, but what are there tempers like in general??? are they usually quite edgy and aggressive or quite mellow???

i know a guy that has one and its normally a very placid snake but when it was shedding it got very aggresive probably because it couldnt see as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back