• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED Scorpions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The name 'bark scorpion' is more commonly used to describe Lychas sp. that can be found in large numbers under bark at certain times of year. Alternatively the Centruroides genus from northern and central america are also referred to as 'bark scorpions'.

What species have you bred 'Scorpionking'? Any obligate burrowers?
Cheers
Jordan

I have sussfully breed in cativity Urodacus manicatus "Brown Scorpion", Lychas marmoreus "Marbled Scorpion",Cercophonius squama, "Wood or Forest Scorpion" and at the moment I have 3 gravid waigenisis.......

I am always looking to expand my collection...

None of these are large burrowers, they normally hide under leaves and bark etc... sometimes a shallow burrow is made especially females when they gravid....

These are N.S.W local species (except the waigenisis) and can be found in southern states as well, as the further northern parts of australia the species then to be larger, more aggressive and more venomious..... hehehe!

Pic of my Gravid scop

Here is a Pic of one of my gravid scorps.....

Attachments

• ADAM.Jpg
    ADAM.Jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 60
i have some captive bred liocheles sp, also i am after lychas and urodacus sp if anyone has any to trade and since scorpionking breeds em mayb he may have some, pm me mate

i always heard that the keeping of scorpions in captivity was very difficult as they tended to die on u. is this the case? or are they little diff to other animals so that if the basic requirements are met they will do well?

Swap??

i have some captive bred liocheles sp, also i am after lychas and urodacus sp if anyone has any to trade and since scorpionking breeds em mayb he may have some, pm me mate

Yeah mate I can, thanks to you.... I have tooo many Liocheles atm.... Sorry I do not want any more Liocheles I have heaps as well as 2 gravid and one has babies on back already...!

Do you have anyother species..!

i always heard that the keeping of scorpions in captivity was very difficult as they tended to die on u. is this the case? or are they little diff to other animals so that if the basic requirements are met they will do well?

I believe it is all about enviromental conditions, there are many variables to consider when keeping scorpions as pets.....

1. Life span even though not proven is only short..5 to 7 years.. especially in comparison to other exotics....my turtles will live for 70 my ecelectus will live for 75years....!

2. Where are they from...? then manipulate environmental conditions to suit, considering some species can come from even sub-zero temps... all environmental conditions should be considered.... if not sure.... find where they are from..... go to www.bom.gov.au Bureau of meteorology, they can tell you max/min temps, humidity all year round.....etc... for that part of australia to determine environmental conditions....

do they have live young or eggs. Do they keep there babies on there back. How many do they have

Yes they have live young.....
\

My female has 21 babies on her back.....

The babies stay with the mother untill they have a full exo-sceleton (sorry bad spelling) then they can fend for themself...!

i have 2 types of manicatus, "alpine" and "black rock" which could possibly be gravid, also got 3 possibly gravid wood scorps(cant spell their name) if anyone can get me lychas i would be very grateful, i have bred them once befire and i have 1 now, i want more so i can start breeding again, scorpion king, did you have much luck raising the baby lychas?

another thing ashman, some of the exotic buthids such as you parabuithis, Androctonus and Leiurus quinquestriatus can have up 2 100 babies, they are huge b4 giving birth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back