Wanting to expand collection

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amynickid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Okay so I am living at home still, yet wanting to expand collection. How do I lets say.... buy another enclosure, and python and everthing else. and hide it from family ahhahah?

Okay so I am living at home still, yet wanting to expand collection. How do I lets say.... buy another enclosure, and python and everthing else. and hide it from family ahhahah?
i tried that with a children python i wanted one for years and well she found it yesterday . . . .

You're 19. Be a responsible adult, get a job you can support yourself on and get your own place and have all the animals you want. Like most of us here have.

I moved out, bought a house and then bought three dogs and another snake!! I'm still trying to get my other snake back off my rents with little success atm, and they didn't even want her in the first place!!
But anyways moral to the story moved out and have what you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My parents words when I was a kid "You AND a snake can not live in this house." 15 years later (husband tried that on too... Lol) 26 Pythons later - including the one beside the bed that my husband coos over... (actually I only have 25 cos One is "his"...) I'm glad I didn't try to hide one all those years ago lol. I don't even have to hide when I get something new or how.much.it costs now.. Even Dad (he of the no pythons) has taken a genuine interest. So good luck it Will happen!

I don't think replying with "move out" is the way to go as it isnt that easy to just move out maybe she is at uni/tafe or don't have the funds? she asked for help with expanding her collection.

I think move out is the best solution, much better than lying to your family or your partner @reptilezac. There is only a few legal and moral options and they are move out , convince your family or don't get one. I think that the younger generation is a "I want it now" generation, you have to learn to wait for things that you want.

[MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] yes that is true mate but what I'm getting at is that she would know that she might have to wait she is asking for help as in ideas that she could maybe use on her parents to let her expand but you do have a good point there mate maybe just wait.

Just get it and when they ask just make out its always been there and maybe they hadnt noticed?

On the subject of moving out, stay at your parents as long as either of you can stand it, trust me I left home really early and it have always regretted it, not having the crucial support living at home provides at your age can effect your life greatly.

My suggestion with convincing your parents is asking why they are against it and logically try to debate the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're 19. Be a responsible adult, get a job you can support yourself on and get your own place and have all the animals you want. Like most of us here have.

+1
[MENTION=38711]Amynickid[/MENTION] you're obviously not going to live at home forever and I wouldn't suggest accumulating more dependants until you are not one yourself.

Just get it and when they ask just make out its always been there and maybe they hadnt noticed?

On the subject of moving out, stay at your parents as long as either of you can stand it, trust me I left home really early and it have always regretted it, not having the crucial support living at home provides at your age can effect your life greatly.

This is the best advice on this thread, it could be the difference between buying and renting for the rest of your life IMO.

im a tattooing apprentice, if you had any idea how hard that industry is you wouldnt have commented. and i work at a night club for alternate people.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what its like to wait for things. Not a spoilt brat. Who says i was going to do it, it was a question, advice if i did do it.

tell them you won it in a lucky draw at the pet shop ,but give them a bit of notice to get used to the idea...

Have you raised the idea with your parents? As said before, try discussing it with them, and find out why they feel the way the do. Once you know that, then you can offer alternatives.

As you are 19 and supposedly a responsible young adult , you could always just respect the wishes of your parents who house and probably feed you and Not get it

As you are 19 and supposedly a responsible young adult , you probably don't care what your parents think so either go and buy it and keep it in your room and deal with the consequences or LEAVE . Both of these will annoy your parents but as you are 19 you probably don't really care what they want or think .
Our daughter had her bedroom snake bought for her by me , and out of spite has taken NO interest in it at all ,but demands that my wife's first snake is hers and will take it when she moves out
( This is NOT a personal attack -- just a glimpse of my reality ) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back