Wanting to expand collection

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im a tattooing apprentice, if you had any idea how hard that industry is you wouldnt have commented. and i work at a night club for alternate people.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what its like to wait for things. Not a spoilt brat. Who says i was going to do it, it was a question, advice if i did do it.
My advice would be stay at home and either ask your parents why they do not want you get a snake so you know what is the best way to convince them otherwise or wait the year or two for when you have your own place. A year or two is a small fraction of your lifetime.

What is their reason for not wanting you to get more animals?

I've noticed this subject has been posted a few times before and there can be no advice without knowing WHY you think your family wouldn't agree to the expansion.

There's no real prospect for 'hiding' it and, coming from both a mum and former teenager, sneaking/lying about it is hardly likely to benefit you in this situation or any other going forward.

If it's a matter of convincing them, only you know your family well enough to say for sure what will work (at least I had my olds pretty well figured out by 19). In the end though if there is a reason they wouldn't approve then that's that, I wasn't allowed anything other that a cat while I was at home (despite all my whinging!) and just had to wait until I moved out.

Many parents know the capabilities of their kids better than the kids themselves, who may look at things through rose coloured glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back