WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe get in touch with a laywer to write a letter. See where it goes from there. Photos and microchips would come in handy to have at your first appt. Maybe even hire a bayliff. I personally would be in court tommorow.

Send him some texts without the threat of legal action. Say things like "Mate, can I please have the snakes back, I want to keep our friendship intact, so if you could give me the snakes back I'd appreciate it"

Then when he replies, if he acknowledges he has your snakes, go straight to the police.

id just break in when hes not there. put the window screen back on so he cant find a point of entry and if he calls the cops you will have the snakes in your paper work and he wont so you couldent of stole anything and he looks like an idiot?

got any old sheds for DNA?

I don't mean to single you out Chris1, but i am :lol:
What would DNA give evidence of?

And to everyone else banging on about proof of previous possession. It doesn't seem to be in question that Jungleman was once in ownership of the animals.

Unless im missing something here.. and no m/a got done e_e

Last edited:
Wow, thats awful.
I dont understand how anyone could do that..

Is there anything you can blackmail him with? Say like you call him and say...If you dont bring my snakes back, this is going to happen...as in the police will be visiting him, or maybe some gangsters lol no seriously..is there anything else you can get him in trouble for?
If nothing and you want them back, id just go and take them back ..

This is why Tilly Devine and Kate Leigh were mortal enemies for life. Over a dog that Kate lent Tilly, but she did give her dog back...but NOT the same one.
No way in the world would I lend my stuff for a breeding loan.

This is why Tilly Devine and Kate Leigh were mortal enemies for life. Over a dog that Kate lent Tilly, but she did give her dog back...but NOT the same one.
No way in the world would I lend my stuff for a breeding loan.

Sorry who?,

My condolences wayne, It's unfortunate that people take advantage of good people.

Your only hope is to take them to court and you will have to prove that they are in the wrong ( the old presumed innocent until proven guilty protects wrong doers Im afraid ), Im not sure what the laws are in your state but normally you have to give written notification that if the snakes are not returned within two weeks legal action will taken, after such time depending on the laws of your state you can pick up your snakes ( you may either need a bailiff or police officer with you). If you cant get them then you will have to pursue it through the courts. Most government agencies will do nothing to help Im afraid.
Good Luck and Im sorry you have to go through this.

hope it goes well for you wayne and your animals are returned safely..

Jungleman is my husband and these are my snakes and lizards also and it is family that has done this! I am sooo stressed out over this and have called every known avenue only to be told call the police no call NSWPW. Even I have been told that if I make contact or turn up to get what is legally mine I will be 1: charged & 2: slapped with an AVO.............
The person that is licensed does not even live at the address where the Reptiles are being kept and yes the person that is living there is not licensed and I am pretty sure there are some gravid snakes and also a whole lot of animals that have not been cleaned, feed or watered in over 4 weeks....:(:(

Jungleman is my husband and these are my snakes and lizards also and it is family that has done this! I am sooo stressed out over this and have called every known avenue only to be told call the police no call NSWPW. Even I have been told that if I make contact or turn up to get what is legally mine I will be 1: charged & 2: slapped with an AVO.............
The person that is licensed does not even live at the address where the Reptiles are being kept and yes the person that is living there is not licensed and I am pretty sure there are some gravid snakes and also a whole lot of animals that have not been cleaned, feed or watered in over 4 weeks....:(:(

Thats soo wrong :(
So what happens if NPWS goes to that house, finds he has no licence for the animals and confiscates them? You wont even know where they will go..

Just lie to them and say police are coming unless i can take my animals back today..
Good luck..hope you get them back

Sorry who?,

My condolences wayne, It's unfortunate that people take advantage of good people.

Underbelly: razor :)

How stressful for you both :( I really hope you get them back soon

Thats soo wrong :(
So what happens if NPWS goes to that house, finds he has no licence for the animals and confiscates them? You wont even know where they will go..

Just lie to them and say police are coming unless i can take my animals back today..
Good luck..hope you get them back

Sel, we have done all of this to no avail and the person that is in the house won't let us pick them up either, they are both family. We got him them into reptiles and purchased them their very first pair of Hypo Bredli and this is how we get rewarded..........

Sel, we have done all of this to no avail and the person that is in the house won't let us pick them up either, they are both family. We got him them into reptiles and purchased them their very first pair of Hypo Bredli and this is how we get rewarded..........

That is actually so bad, i feel really bad for you.

I still cant comprehend exactly what is going on in this guys mind,. especially as you say he is family or good friends or what ever the relationship.
When he craps on about the AVO have you told him you are quite happy to leave him alone once he gives your animals back you want nothing to do with him.
I cant imagine what his argument is for not returning them?
He obviously knows he is in the wrong and they are not his snakes to keep,. what is his argument?

Surely if he is unlicensed National Parks can do something?
How is it that they can come & randomly knock on well respected Breeders doors and go poking around but they cant investigate this dodgey pest & get your snakes back that this guy is keeping illegally & unlicensed?

Must be extremely frustrating for you guys,. I am getting hot & angry just reading this,. so I can only imagine how you guys feel.
I really hope you get them back,.

What do you think he would do if you busted into his house & just took them back?
Is he a big fella?

If you cant get them back legally or if he is not going to hand them over without a fight Unfortunately you may have to take the law into your own hands as others have already suggested,. do you know any scary guys or bikers or something?
AVO? ppfffttt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back