WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure most of us would have some useful things kicking around. I do believe I have both a basking globe and a purple night globe around somewhere. I also have some excess food if that is needed.

Just let us know if we can help

Thanks for the kind offers everyone, but we have everything we need here and ready to go :)

Hi Wayne and Leanne

What a turnaround...as distressing as it is I strongly encourage you to photograph the animals in your care to demonstrate the neglect and document everything that you have found. Just in case you need it as evidence .............Youc an always delete the photographs as a bad memory when the dust has settled.

I am so happy you got your animals back but also discusted at what you had to go through to get them back

I opened this thread this morning and read half of it then and finsihed it now when I came home. I was getting frustrated just reading it, but I am happy to hear you have gotten back what you lent.

Good luck in becoming the carer of the other pythons. Hopefully the other parties involved will get dealt with in one way or another soon.

Oh my god!!! Yeah baby!!!! So happy for you guys, I fact will pop a bottle od red right now well done!!!

Just read the fantastic news! I am so glad you were able to get your babies back again and if the authorities have any sense they will hand the rest over to you as well. It sux that you and your snakes had to go through that particular hell but I'm so glad it ended well!

Just wondering how Mr Spiky and co are going?
im finding myself thinking of them whenever i cuddle my beardies,...(which is alot,...lol)

any news on the rest?

Hey Chris, the spiky dude is doing great, nice bright yellow colour now and still loving his food.

The other 4 pythons had their first meal the other night, although 2 were not interested. So will try them again in another week or two.

Wow. Just caught up on the latest 10 pages since I last got a chance to read the thread.

Even as an bystander with no affiliation to any of the animals or parties, it was hard to read and think about the animals being in those conditions...not to mention the frustration and inability of the government departments that are meant to be prevent these situations.

You've done a commendable job to keep on this, and ensure that the right thing is done. I truly believe that on some level you have stood up for the community and reinforced to certain areas where the priorities should be. As such, the community needs to recognise this could happen to anyone and our only strength is to band together, hopefully some good will come from this in that regard and prevent this occurring again. In the same light, the responsibility of the additional 17 snakes shouldn't fall on you, but good work on fighting for them. I'd be interested in contributing in some fashion towards their care if it does fall down to you, I know how the costs of that many snakes can add up.

Once again, so happy for you and well done.

I am confused!
I have been on the phone to National Parks to see if I could receive an update on 2 of our pythons that have been tied up in this whole debacle & have been told 2 different stories,.

Originally I was told that all the animals including ours were ok & being cared for by a Wildlife carer until a Reptile Ballot took place to re home them & that I had to call another number to inquire if I could have the animals returned to me as the original NSW Licenced owner as they will not release them to Leanne & Wayne.

I called the number & kept receiving voice mail, so I left a message this morning.
I got impatient & decided to call back again & the person I needed to speak to answered the phone,.

I told him who I was & why I was calling & that I understood there was going to be a Reptile Ballot for these animals that were seized & was there anyway I could have the 2 pythons returned to us rather than them being included in the ballot?,.

I was originally told they have not confirmed if there was going to be a ballot & that all remaining animals are being cared for until the original owner could provide paperwork to prove the animals were his?!
I would have thought that his Reptile licence would be proof of what animals have been acquired in the past & that yes I know they are his as I sold them to him,.
I expressed my disgust how could they even consider releasing these animals back to the original owner considering what they have been through & the obvious blatant disrespect the original owner has shown to all of these animals!?

He then questioned me as to why I was calling,. who was I & what was my interest in the animals?!
.....Not sure if he just wasnt listening to the whole first half of the convo or what?
He then questioned me if I had a reptile license?

The story then changed back to the original story I was told by the first lady , that all animals will be included in a reptile ballot & it was up to me to apply the same way everyone else does.

He made a few other comments about how I should have checked that this guy was properly licensed & that I had sold a Green tree to someone on a class 1 license,.
When asking how can we avoid this as basically we are taking the other persons word that they are correctly licensed.
He told me that I should have checked with them (National Parks) to make sure he held a class 2 before doing the deal :rolleyes:

So from now on EVERY deal we do interstate where the license cant be visually verified I am going to call National Parks to check that they are infact correctly licensed,.

Leanne & Wayne,. I take my hat off to you guys for your persistence & patience, I think I would go nuts after dealing with that type of mentality after too long,.
Its all about paper work, policies & procedures.

I will be happy if I know they are going to someone that is actually going to care for them,. I just dont want them returned to the crettin that we originally sold them to as he has well & truly blown his chances imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's incredible! I shudder to think how much these people are paid...

After all the demonisation of reptile keepers that occurs, this kind of bureaucratic incompetence is disgustingly hypocritical.

He made a few other comments about how I should have checked that this guy was properly licensed & that I had sold a Green tree to someone on a class 1 license,.
When asking how can we avoid this as basically we are taking the other persons word that they are correctly licensed.
He told me that I should have checked with them (National Parks) to make sure he held a class 2 before doing the deal :rolleyes:
So from now on EVERY deal we do interstate where the license cant be visually verified I am going to call National Parks to check that they are infact correctly licensed,.
Kelly,
I wouldn't worry about being responsible to check on interstate buyers details.Provided the buyer gives you a MA number and you apply for an export permit you have fulfilled your obligation.You pay your $30 so as far as I am concerned it's up to the DECC to do any checks they deem necessary.

Welcome to our world Gecko...

That is just a small taste of the mentality we have been dealing with for over the past 6 weeks and yes, it has been extremely frustrating and stressful.

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, not that any of the hands even know what to do when the word reptile is mentioned... it's like alert alert alert, run for your lives, someone is asking about a reptile :rolleyes:

And we totally agree... what the hell are they thinking when it comes to giving these so called irresponsible reptile keepers another chance (and it's been at least a dozen chances now) at getting their paperwork together and there actually going to let them take these animals back into care??? Not only were our animals under-nourished and dehydrated, but we saw a few of the other animals also (minus your animal Gecko) that were in poor condition also. We even pointed this out to the park rangers when we were picking our animals up and the response was like... huh, oh ok? Where the hell did they find these people to do this type of work?

And I just laughed when I received an email from Ron Hearring regarding the release of the other 17 animals into our care... he said they were only going to release them to nsw licenced reptile keepers if the accused did not get their paperwork in order on time. I replied back stating how funny it was that Ron was the one that originally emailed us a PDF file that was signed and stated we were to take ownership of the entire 22 animals, this email included what we thought was a legal document and export permit to have all 22 animals seized and handed directly over to us? That was the first notice, then he changed this again when 5pm, the 9th October expired, he then changed this to the 19th October, and after the 19th expired, he changed it to state that only our animals of 4 pythons plus 1 lizard were to be released to us, but only if we could prove they were ours? Now he states he is only going to release the remaining 17 animals on a ballot to nsw licenced keepers only... What A Joke!!!

Not to worry, as this has now been reported to the NSW Ombudsman and they have already advised this is going to go further!

Kelly,
I wouldn't worry about being responsible to check on interstate buyers details.Provided the buyer gives you a MA number and you apply for an export permit you have fulfilled your obligation.You pay your $30 so as far as I am concerned it's up to the DECC to do any checks they deem necessary.

I was gonna say that ramsayi, but forgot :)

Exactly! If you sold interstate then two different agencies were informed well before the transaction of the type of animal and the parties, and one agency even actually took money presumably to do exactly these checks. Ridiculous.

I was gonna say that ramsayi, but forgot :)

Exactly! If you sold interstate then two different agencies were informed well before the transaction of the type of animal and the parties, and one agency even actually took money presumably to do exactly these checks. Ridiculous.

There is even more to it than that.Even locally,anyone can dodgey up a license and put whatever details they like on it so who's to say the license you sight isn't bogus? Bottom line is we are not employed by the DECC to ensure all is legit and for them to insinuate that we are is a bit of a joke.

Hey Wayne,. Ron is the guy I have had the pleasure of dealing with & he didnt seem to know which way was up or down,.
He went on to ask me questions that I had already given the answers to,. I think he is a little confused as to what is actually going on as his story seemed to jump around alot,. he then had to cut our conversation short as he has a meeting to attend to :rolleyes:

Mark & Mike,.
Unfortunately the little scum bucket in question is basically on the NSW border so we didnt need an export permit :(

Done,.
I was suprised when I heard who it was & obviously dissapointed when I found out that not 1 but 2 of our Pythons are envolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back