WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha thanks not really up to date with T.V programs these days,

Jewelz my heart truly goes out to you guys, you have been such a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks elogov, we are shattered to say the least. If I did not have a daughter O/S I would risk the charges and AVO, but if I get hit with either and I need to go O/S I cannot leave the country with an AVO against me, and to make it worse these people are aware of this...........

Shame you dont live in Darwin, these types of issues are sorted very quickly up here, and without recourse to cops or lawyers.
Good luck with it.

I still cant comprehend exactly what is going on in this guys mind,. especially as you say he is family or good friends or what ever the relationship.
When he craps on about the AVO have you told him you are quite happy to leave him alone once he gives your animals back you want nothing to do with him.
I cant imagine what his argument is for not returning them?
He obviously knows he is in the wrong and they are not his snakes to keep,. what is his argument?

Surely if he is unlicensed National Parks can do something?
How is it that they can come & randomly knock on well respected Breeders doors and go poking around but they cant investigate this dodgey pest & get your snakes back that this guy is keeping illegally & unlicensed?

Must be extremely frustrating for you guys,. I am getting hot & angry just reading this,. so I can only imagine how you guys feel.
I really hope you get them back,.

What do you think he would do if you busted into his house & just took them back?
Is he a big fella?

If you cant get them back legally or if he is not going to hand them over without a fight Unfortunately you may have to take the law into your own hands as others have already suggested,. do you know any scary guys or bikers or something?
AVO? ppfffttt

Gecko, the named person is licensed and is immediate family, he has moved out and the person left in the house where the animals are kept is not a licensed retile keeper and really can't stand reptiles.......NSWPW advised me today that where the animals are being kept is the address that appears on the license.....even though the licensee no longer lives there......I don't understand.....

mate if it was me i would go round there with a nice wad of cash and say look i want to buy my animals back off you and as soon as they let you in just walk to where they are kept and take them back. Take a leatherman set of plyers incase the dick has locks on the enclosure, and atleast then dont have a weapon. I think a good old fashon "falling down the stairs" on the way out would be nice too.

Hey mate,

I'm currently working and studying in criminal law and you are technically allowed to break into the blokes house and retrieve the animals. This is under the doctrine of 'honest claim of right'

Check out the case of Fuge regarding an honest clam of right.

You just have to ensure you take the EXACT amount that you gave, and exhaust all avenues of trying to recover them legally- get proof of this.

Disclaimer: any advice i have provided should not be solely relied on

Jewlzz, Maybe explain to the authorities what has happened. Also let them know that this person who is left in the house is afraid of the animals so they WILL NOT be fed or kept clean.
Surely, any authority would have to investigate this further as an emergency situation..

Gecko, the named person is licensed and is immediate family, he has moved out and the person left in the house where the animals are kept is not a licensed retile keeper and really can't stand reptiles.......NSWPW advised me today that where the animals are being kept is the address that appears on the license.....even though the licensee no longer lives there......I don't understand.....

Jewlzz, Maybe explain to the authorities what has happened. Also let them know that this person who is left in the house is afraid of the animals so they WILL NOT be fed or kept clean.
Surely, any authority would have to investigate this further as an emergency situation..

Fay, I have done all of the above and some...... I am doing all of this while juggling a high pressure job....:(

That is absolutely ******* house news Wayne. i would have thought as the paperwork states breeding loan derm could do something. if they were my animals id be sorting it myself without involving the law, but then i suppose you'd then be the poor innocent party being charged... i certainly hope it is not who i think it is, such a shame when you can't even trust family. hope you get them back mate.

That is absolutely ******* house news Wayne. i would have thought as the paperwork states breeding loan derm could do something. if they were my animals id be sorting it myself without involving the law, but then i suppose you'd then be the poor innocent party being charged... i certainly hope it is not who i think it is, such a shame when you can't even trust family. hope you get them back mate.

Ozzie, it probably is who you think and I am truly ashamed of the said person.........

Thanks for clarifying,.

So wheres the joker that is suppose to be looking after the snakes gone? & what does he actually say when you ask for them back?

Did the police confirm that he would be able to put an AVO on you for trying to contact him to get your property back?
I cant see how an AVO would even come into play?

Best of luck Darl

Sorry who?,

My condolences wayne, It's unfortunate that people take advantage of good people.

What! Tilly and Kate are now famous!

You mentioned that you had called the police, my suggestion would be to take it a little further with the police and talk to a more senior officer, remember ALL allegations MUST be investigated regardless of the circumstances, and if this doesnt work go straight to your local political member. I am not kidding as you would be amazed as to what can be acheived through this avenue.

Moose

I would get in the car , drive down there and get the snakes back before the cops are called- altho I would prob end up in jail with the amount of anger I would have towards them if they did that to me, that's just crap and no one should put up with it.
I wouldn't ring , just rock up on their door , very angry!

On a better note I just loaned someone two of my snakes for breeding and they have been returned with no probs at all , so not everyone is bad/untrustworthy.

I hope you get your snakes back.

What! Tilly and Kate are now famous!

You mentioned that you had called the police, my suggestion would be to take it a little further with the police and talk to a more senior officer, remember ALL allegations MUST be investigated regardless of the circumstances, and if this doesnt work go straight to your local political member. I am not kidding as you would be amazed as to what can be acheived through this avenue.

Moose

I agree. This is theft, its irrelevant what was stolen. Excluding a property deed, every verbal agreement is law binding in australia... Plus, you have paperwork to back it up. Don't give up on your snakes

get your mates to dress up as cops go up there and tell him i told you they would come he will probs pee his pants and come running out with the snakes

Thank you sooo much to everyone for all of your support.....It's nice to know that people care :):)

Seriously, they cannot get an apprehended violence order against you unless you have exhibited physically violent behaviour towards them. It cannot be done. I would get legal advice to double check that but Im pretty sure. My sisters have had cause to get those and they don't hand them out like candy (they are about as useful as candy in a bad situation but thats another story). They are crying AVO because they know its the deterrent that will hold u in place the quickest but its a bluff. If you are only asking for your snakes back they cannot get an avo.

leanne Im messaging wayne with the name and phone number of a guy at DECC licensing. hes always helped me and if you explain the situation he may have some advice. best of luck guys

The person that is licensed does not even live at the address where the Reptiles are being kept and yes the person that is living there is not licensed and I am pretty sure there are some gravid snakes and also a whole lot of animals that have not been cleaned, feed or watered in over 4 weeks....:(:(

Ring whatever your version of RSPCA is and report the neglected animals, dont mention you own the snakes or they will think you are after payback, try and get a few friends to put in a report also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back