water dragon hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Does anyone know how to keep a hatchling water dragon???? Can they be kept in a outside pit even as a hatcling and how much room do they need??? thanks

G'day Brendan ,
A Question for When did they hatch ?
Generally You dont put hatchling that captive bred out in a pit or out side fultime !
As Ive told not to hybinate them the first year allow them to grow get some size on them but I also heard that of people hybinating young ones that hatched early in the season that got a fare bit of size on them !
As for size for enclosure wilst hatchling provide a laarge enough for the to grow & exercise , I have mine ( Trio ) in a 1 that will the size for when they adults , which is 4ft *2ft * 2ft gives the plenty of room to run exercise & they seem to grow quicker
Ive only recently getting dragons but people like African will point you in the rite direction !

I have two hatclings, they are very easy to keep.
I feed mine crickets and cockies.
Males have red bellies but they are called not red belly water dragons just eastern water dragons.

A vague answer for a vague question.

Kool thanks I was gust offered to buy one for 50 bucks thats all. I probly wont get one though no money. Dam I wish i had money.

water dragons

I also feed my water dragons some canned dog food, bearded dragon pellets, and fresh pinkies, and how they delight in the pinkies, snatching them out of my fingers as I open the enclosure.

Pinkies huh? I'll have to give that a try. They would certainly grow quickly on them.
It's shame you can't afford them Brelden.
I look forward to next weeks question about what you can put in your lizard pit.

I've had a pit for ages I keep my Beardies in it. Mabey i should get some more lizards to put in it i dunno. Can waters be kept with beardies and in a snake outside aviry would it be really likely they will get mites because im thinking about having my coastal outside for sunlight and to have more room. Is this a good idea?? :?

Brendan, are you asking if it's ok to keep a snake species along with beardies and water dragons in an aviary .. ALL Together ??? :?
I no comprehend.

No way!!!!!! I ment like one snake or mabey two in one cage and 2 beardies and to waters in another. Can beardies and waters live together???

All snakes will benefit from a few hours a day in sunlight but if you intend to keep your snakes outside permantly you will need to make sure they are a local species to your area.

I would advise against keeping any snakes outside particularly if you are not home due to thefts.It seems like herp thefts are a weekly occurance now.

Mabey the snakes outside i might not do it I live in a small town mabey they wont steal cause its a little tiny town and everybody knows everybody.

but then everyone would know that you have snakes and that mght make you more of a target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back