Water dragons and their enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rileyj94

Reaction score
Hey everyone, happy new year.

Interested to hear from people who have/have had these awesome lizards and check out any photos you're willing to share. What size tanks do you have for them? What sort of filtering/other equipment for the water do you use?

My eastern water dragon is a super inquisitive, heaps friendly little guy - way tamer than one of my beardies now! He's been in a 4.5ft enclosure now for quite a while - well swapping between that and roaming around our 4-car garage to let him run around a bit more. As he's getting bigger I'm keen to make a much larger set up for him, and I have a few options, like swapping the lazy bearded dragons enclosure (which is a huge old cubby house turned into a reptile room) for his, or making a completely new large tank with wheels on it so i can take it outside in the sun.

He loves running around and ofcourse swimming, so I'm looking to make as big a tank as possible really. Keen to hear what you guys have done.

Also he holds his breath underwater for ages aye, atleast 1.5 hours (maybe came up for a breath, I wasn't checking 100% of the time). Anyone got any idea how long they can?

I'll chuck some photos up of the things I mentioned after work if anyone's interested

Cheers!
Riley

- - - Updated - - -

this is a decent thread too but interested to see/find out more https://aussiepythons.com/forum/sho...-your-EWD-s?highlight=water+dragon+enclosures

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back