[water-over] incubation method

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like a great way to incubate.
has anyone used this method for bearded dragon eggs?

i have used it and it works fine with beardies but beardie eggs are very hardy .i still just use the basic 50/50 vermiculite/water method on them and get 100% strike rate on them.
cheers
simon

sorry to hijack the thread, but where can you get the plastic egg crate stuff ?
i have looked everywhere, my dad is a builder, he has never seen it before ... :/

any ideas
?

sorry to hijack the thread, but where can you get the plastic egg crate stuff ?
i have looked everywhere, my dad is a builder, he has never seen it before ... :/

any ideas
?
Bread crate and just cut it out to size if you cant find the white plastic type.

Mine isn't plastic, it's sandblasted and coated aluminium, I got it from an airconditioning factory, it was free, they get damaged ones and they're good for you to cut up but not for them to use. If you really want the plastic one though it's avalible from most aquariums, they generally grow corals on it, or something like that. The aluminium one has been fine for me though.

If you really want the plastic one though it's avalible from most aquariums, they generally grow corals on it, or something like that. The aluminium one has been fine for me though.
True. They use it to seperate filter media as well. An aquarium would be a good place to look.

After a recent post about eggs being layed and the incubation method l use [water over] several people got in touch with me about this method so here are some pics, l don't think any explanation is needed, except to say those eggs are approx. 17 days into incubation.......solar 17 [Baden]
5050149997_8c14318522.jpg

5061402076_5a6f43911f.jpg

5060795019_38c1066cf8.jpg

Hey baden how much water do you use in them tubs ? i made a tray at work today that is 75mm above the bottom and was wondering how high your water goes up in the tubs , can you have to much water ( i know the eggs carnt be wet ) ?
PA100800.jpgPA100801.jpg

cheers nico

Hey baden how much water do you use in them tubs ? i made a tray at work today that is 75mm above the bottom and was wondering how high your water goes up in the tubs , can you have to much water ( i know the eggs carnt be wet ) ?
View attachment 167695View attachment 167696

cheers nico
Personally the most water l have in there is about 6mm in depth.....[antaresia childreni] the answer your question is to show what l hold the plastic crate up with, [sections of 40mm plastic tube, cut with a drop saw]......solar 17 [Baden]

Hi Nicco

Can I ask what you used to make up the grate in your tub set-up?

Cheers
Dave

True. They use it to seperate filter media as well. An aquarium would be a good place to look.
Speaking of using aquarium products, I imagine you could also probably use the grate from an undergravel filter, which are cheap & readlily available.

thanks baden .
david63 , i made it from polyethelyne sheet and mesh , i am a poly welder so i have all the stuff to do it with at work .
cheers nico

Good job Nico looks very neat, with no chance of any hatchies accidently drowning.

Cheers
Dave

thanks mate , i hope it works this is my first season of breeding .

cheers nico

slimebo kudos to your set up mate, having the dry vermiculite under the eggs to soak up any unwanted condensation on the eggs is almost genius :p will definitely be giving your method a crack next season.

when you have the clump of eggs ,you grab one egg at a time and slowly "roll them off "the others.they are generally stuck together quite well, but the eggs are very tough and leathery and you wont damage them.DON'T use a knife to help,it almost always ends up in a cut egg.
cheers
simon

hey ... i was wondering how would u use S.I.M tubs as over the water ?. and wound u use a heat mat or a heat cord?.

hey ... i was wondering how would u use S.I.M tubs as over the water ?. and wound u use a heat mat or a heat cord?.

Sims tubs are over water, it's just a name. I would use a heat cord preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back