Water python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi ,some pics of the female water python that sloughed last night ,docile nature,likes its rats,looking very shiny.

Nice looking snake, water pythons would have to be the snake i know least about but these pictues are making me realise that im clearly missing out haha

Very nice mate. Your lucky yours is still docile. In the last two weeks mine have turned into little buggers.

Very underrated species I think Col, one of the most beautiful pythons available, and I don't reckon they're too bad temperament-wise either, they just have a VERY strong feeding response - mine occasionally throw themselves out of their enclosure!

Jamie

No as Jamie said very strong feed response. My waters are wanting to be fed every two days ATM and when they don't they get grumpy.

very nice zulu almost a similar size as my male, albeit the male a little shorter as they are. how old is she may I ask?

Hi ,some pics of the female water python that sloughed last night ,docile nature,likes its rats,looking very shiny.

Very underrated species I think Col, one of the most beautiful pythons available, and I don't reckon they're too bad temperament-wise either, they just have a VERY strong feeding response - mine occasionally throw themselves out of their enclosure!

Jamie

The ones here docile but your right they have a strong feeding response when they grab and wrap ,these are not cage defensive they just check the scent and if your not smelling like food alls good.
Had some others over the years where one qld male was a pussycat and the female was pyschopath , i like pussys :)
are they a aggressive species?
Some cage defensive LOL (killers) Some pyschopathic,some,quite a few is pussycats :)
very nice zulu almost a similar size as my male, albeit the male a little shorter as they are. how old is she may I ask?
The one here is 4 years from memory, was bred by "the Brad" from ARP QLD stock
thanks m8 can we come have a look 2morrow?
Yeh, give me a ring or PM

Lovely snakes
One word of caution with them
Most snake bites fit into only two categories
Feeding bites involve strike and wrap
Go away bites are tagging with open mouth

Waters have another one to add
If you have been handling younger smaller snakes waters often just sniff around where the scent is and then open their mouths and start chewing
This type of bite is very rare with carpets etc
But not so rare with Aussie waters and white lips do exactly the same thing

snakes toys 008.jpggameboy 003.jpggameboy 004.jpg
this is my girl. first pic she has come out of water looking for her food.

very strong feeder, and can be very agressive wen getting her out of the water. on land she is better.

Yes my girl Bella shed last week she is caged defensive but is a pleasure once she is out

Thanks mate mines from 'the brad' aswell, only 9 months old though... perhaps I should back off the feed a little...

Gee its good to hear some are alright my female is Satans daughter in-out of the enclosure and she certaintly loves her food,look out for any males i put with her lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back