Weight loss Succses

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I checked, pure fructose was absorbed through the lower intestine. Sucrose on the other hand (Fructose & Glucose combination) needed to be broken down and absorbed by the liver. Please correct me if I'm wrong as this is from chemistry or biology over 12 years ago

I eat the things I love which include sugar. The "secret" to weight loss is to use more kJ than you consume. As long as there is a deficit you will eventually lose weight. Excercise is very addictive, if you can stick at it.

Also the worst thing people can do is set weight goals and weigh themselves every day. When you lose weight, everyone get to a stage when the weight loss plateaus out. Instead set other goals. For example, I like to jog so I set distance goals for each week.

The thing is sugar is in everything =\ Read the back of products - and of couse remember the lower the better!
Weight loss is hard work, if you are'nt working hard, it's not working

Yes avoid fruit, not saying never have it, just dont have it every day.
All you need to remember is seven words.
Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.
Oh and weightloss advise should never cost you money, if it does then it is a scam.

Yes avoid fruit, not saying never have it, just dont have it every day.
All you need to remember is seven words.
Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.
Oh and weightloss advise should never cost you money, if it does then it is a scam.

Eating some fruits each day can be more beneficial for you than the little bit of weight that is lost from not eating them. Sometimes I think people put more empathsis on the number on the scales than overall health.

While I have seen weightloss from people who do live a 'no' sugar diet, I don't think it is the only answer and I wonder how many will be stick with it. I love chocolate. I don't have it very often. Once I tried to cut it out of my diet completely and ended up fixating on it.

By limiting what you can eat instead of reducing portions there is always a chance of a bad relapse.

Avoid fruit?!!!! -.- That really is crazy and OT.. You should be getting x amount of fruit and veggies everyday.
I *really* wanna think a PT that i follow on FB but i don't wanna get in trouble from the mods - If i had enough money i would travel to inner Melb and go to her. Her FB status really inspire me ( and it takes alot to really inspire me, and not get bored)

I believe it is recommended to have 2 serves of fruit, and 5 serves of veg per day.

I can see why you would avoid fruit if you were trying to lose weight, but it should be part of a balanced diet otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

and we've been eating it for thousands of years. It can't be that detrimental to our health.

Oh I never had that one :) My best ever whiskey was one I picked up in Tassie at the Lark Distillary :D ... but you're on! Call me when you're in Melb hehe
Done! I have several here you might like if you enjoy Lark as well as two of their special brews of limited release. Haven't found an excuse to open them yet

Several! Wow! I bought a litre of Jack Daniels the other day, the cheapest whiskey I'd consider and I've almost killed it. I never seem to accumulate anything lol
I know the feeling. ;) it's why I always have several other cheaper versions just in case.

My grandad was a Scot so I inherited some of his genes in regards to spending on Whisky vs drinking it. Terrible thing that. Oh well, helps towards the weight loss ;)

i make and drink Long Island Iced Tea's. They are so good that rainbows shoot out the glass every time i make one!
But sadly, they make the weight go on insanely fast :(

It's all these food allergies and things we can't eat anymore because it doesn't match my blood type. What a total LOAD of codswallop!

Those that say, oh, I can't eat bread because it contains wheat... What a total load of rubbish is that?

I am pretty sure we were eating bread over 4000 years ago and wiki takes it back 30,000 years! Perhaps some of the ingredients changed... But WHEAT is wheat!!!

For crying out loud... Imagine if you were born 5,000 years ago, you'd have starved if you said... Oh, does that contain wheat? Ooooh, I can't eat that....

Then the blood type people... This is the biggest load of absolute crud I have ever heard.... A diet based on blood type. Well, luckily 10,000 years ago they had A, B and O meal types then really...

How on earth has the human race survived 4 million years (or 6,000 years if you're a creationist... Which puts bread back to being a bit younger).

I have always thought of going back to a 'caveman' diet - the diet that you only eat stuff that the cavemen would have eaten (hopefully including bread). So basically if it was grown or hunted and killed, you can eat it. But if it was processed, then don't eat it. Bread would be fine.... Sugar, yeast, flour, water (or milk), oil... Perfectly ok!

Store bought bread contains lots of nasties but if you moderate how much you eat it is perfectly fine. Or better yet you can make your own. This is what I do when I'm not being lazy. I really don't understand cutting foods from people diets and I would never tell someone they shouldn't be eating something.

i feel lucky, i eat what ever i want which is mostly junk and dont go over or under 77kg i go to the gym 4 times a week and thats it!
hopfully its not an age thing and when i hit 30 and start putting it on!

My rant:

Will power and motivation are wondeful things. Thankfully, when it comes to health and fitness, I was born with them.

I am always so amazed and baffled at how so many overweight people can have the confidence and motivation to succeed in so many things in life, like their career, devotion to their family, raising children, owning and running a business etc, yet when it comes to something so simple, like losing weight, they remain slaves to the junk food.

I have no sympathy for fat people who always cry to me (and they do!) about how they can't lose weight, while they are shovelling McDonalds and Hungry Jacks down their gullet. I give them lots of excellent advice, and they go and do the complete opposite. I have been laughed at by fat people when I tell them I haven't eaten McDonalds in over 5 years (what's funny about that?) Then they ask me why I never gain weight.

All one has to do is cut out the majority of alcohol and junk they are consuming, and start eating smaller, healthier meals. 5-6 small meals a day is better than 3-4 large meals, in my opinion. You don't want a large meal sitting in your belly, taking forever to digest. This tends to make you feel sluggish and less likely to be active.

Changing your diet will help stop you gaining weight, but to lose the weight you have, you need to exercise regularly and consistently. It's no good exercising for a week, and then nothing for the next week. You have to make it a lifestyle. After a while it does become addictive, and you will feel guilty and physically horrible if you stop exercising, once your body is used to it (and craves it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back