Weight loss Succses

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P90x... look it up, it's not easy and requires dedication - but if you're serious about weight-loss/body transformation it's something I'd recommend.

Or the long-term solution is simple: eat less, move more :p

Not so much eat less, just eat healthy food. Surprised me how big portions can be and filling when eating the right intake.

Portion size mostly..you can still eat a steak if u want.. but only 1/4 of what ud normally have.. ;)

I managed to lose 12kg while doing P90x and just reducing meal size. 5-6 smaller meals rather than 3 big ones, no carbs after 3pm and plenty of exercise. I had a cheat day in the week to eat whatever I wanted (I love my junk food) and then just worked out extra hard the next couple of days.

Attachments

• 3px0w3.jpg
    3px0w3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 85
Can't she give it to the homeless(shelter) or something of the sort? So much food goes to waste =[

You'd be surprised how many organizations/shelters turn down food because of potential risks of food safety etc

I have no problem with some quick fix diets. Some, like Bodytrim and the CSIRO diet, do teach portion size and correct number of servings. I believe that as long as the "diet" teaches sustainable and healthy habits then it can only benefit people with less than good eating habits who are trying to lose weight. Sometimes people need to see those results for the sake of motivation. They need to see they CAN do it.

You boys at least don't have to contend with hormones... Those things suck!

Yes we do, but not as much as you do. For us it's mainly testosterone which can sort of dictate muscle growth and fat storage amongst other things (if i recall correctly, if i'm wrong please someone correct me)

I decided early last year that I would lose weight (Fat).
I created a 12 week program for myself and 12 weeks later,

184440_10151662529171729_1618938385_n.jpg

There really is no secret or one magic answer.
Eat healthier and move more.
Of course being self motivated and staying focused helps a lot.
I like to think that I am :)
Jogging was my main exercise. Which turned into running.
Started off with just running 500 metres, then 1 km. Nothing serious.
Progression is Key.

I now run 10 kms almost every morning before I get ready for work.
I have to say that it's very likely, that if I did not enjoy exercise, particularly jogging, I would not have lost the weight (fat).
I'm not saying it's easy, but it's very doable.

I would say that 'running out of breath', 'feeling tired' are a few reasons why most people don't like to exercise.
Learn and get used to it. That's the attitude I used for myself. Sure enough, a few weeks later, my body and lungs adapted.
Again, I'm not saying it's easy, but it's very doable :)

Now exercise, (Running, Calisthenics and Ring training) has now become part of my hobbies as well as Reptile keeping :)

Now Fuel.
I learnt that prepping healthy meals ahead of time helps you keep on track and avoid fatty, low nutrition junk food.
149371_10151178804276729_296622252_n.jpg

163365_10151178803751729_2119161730_n.jpg

167475_10151264567366729_1907581039_n.jpg

181277_10151264564956729_827951198_n.jpg
534823_10151178803966729_1243023636_n.jpg
Salmon and Rye Sanga
IMG_2503.jpg
Sweet potato

No Secret.
Eat Vegetables, Darker Carbohydrates, Lean meat including Fish and Fresh Fruits.
I did not just put my KFC aside and jumped into healthier food in one day. Change one thing at a time each day.
Again, progression is key :)

I could probably keep going but I have to head out for a quick 2km jog before work so I'll end it here.

I figured, I may not have a lot of experience in Reptile keeping as of now, so I thought I'd share my experience with weight loss when I came across this thread.
Thanks for reading my story
Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back