Well I'll be.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaviemys purvisi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is the Last thing I expected to see in the middle of a built up area in the middle of the largest inland city in QLD.

My Jack Russell Terriers and I stumbled across this less than 200m from home walking down a busy street, 50km/hr zone (built up area). It was right on the edge of the bitumen, almost in the gutter.

I honestly can't even identify it. We walk this track every day and it wasn't there yesterday.

Toowoomba, QLD for anyone who wants to take a guess at what this used to be... I'm interested to know what's kickin' around the area.
20180122_184007.jpg

Hmm. Not sure what it is either. Did you get any close ups of the head?

Looks like an Eastern Brown, from the head scales. I zoomed in the photo and outlined using some digital drawing software the faint outlines of the head scales in red.
[doublepost=1516615933,1516615638][/doublepost]Also looked at the midbody scales after highlighting in Photoshop - counted 17 which is the right number.

Looks like an Eastern Brown, from the head scales. I zoomed in the photo and outlined using some digital drawing software the faint outlines of the head scales in red.
[doublepost=1516615933,1516615638][/doublepost]Also looked at the midbody scales after highlighting in Photoshop - counted 17 which is the right number.
Thanks for your diligent effort. We do have those up here, mainly on the farms/properties outside the city but I've Never seen or heard of them within the city.
[doublepost=1516864664][/doublepost]Well I'll be... AGAIN. What the frick is this Hawkskbill doing this far inland? Was there a tsunami?? Hmm... Aliens...
hbill.jpeg

@Aussiepride83
Did you notify anyone in any government departments? Someone has obviously decided to take it in an attempt to keep it as a pet. I would be notifying the EHP and RSPCA at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back